The Dark Rider - Robb x Reader

So, this is my first imagine for Robb Stark🐺 and I know I should have done one sooner, but hopefully you enjoy what I've come up with. 😃

A horn sounded throughout Winterfell; Robb looked up from his paperwork, and to his mother, wondering why the city had been alerted. He rose to his feet as he and Catelyn walked over to the window looking out on to the city below and watched in confusion as the city guards amassed around its gates.

Suddenly a bannerman pushed his way into Robb's chambers.

"My Lord, my Lady! There are reports that a Dark Rider is approaching the gates." The man spluttered trying to recover his breath.

"What do you mean a Dark Rider? One of their kind has not been seen for centuries. What in the Seven Kingdoms makes you think it's a Dark Rider?" Catelyn asked, looking between Robb and the man.

"I only know what I heard in the stories my lady, but the creature that is approaching is followed by a dark mist and the city guards are afraid; I have never seen them afraid before, but of this creature they are." The man said, a slight quiver evident in his voice. Robb couldn't help but silently chuckle, it seemed to him that it wasn't just the city guard that were scared, as he looked at the worried face of the man.

Robb looked out of the window finally seeing the approaching rider. He only knew of the Dark riders as myths and legends, fanciful stories that mothers would tell their children at night. Robb remembered from the tales, that the riders were dark angels, demi-gods, the offspring of the old gods and mortals, and the greatest warriors the Kingdoms had ever known; but as their kind had perished in battles protecting the worthy of their world, the power of the unworthy had grown. Now he thought, if the old stories were true, and one of these creatures was at his city's gates after hundreds of years of absence, there must be a good reason.

"I think we should go and welcome our visitor don't you mother?" Robb said signalling for the confused bannerman to follow them.

"But my lord, we have no idea what we are dealing with, this could be dangerous. We have no idea what this creatures' intentions are." The man said, as he caught up with his lord.

"How much do you remember of what I told you about Dark Riders, Robb?" Catelyn asked, as they made their way through the halls.

"Not as much as I probably should mother especially given the current circumstances." Robb replied, looking over at her.

"Well I remember my grandmother telling me that Dark Riders are ethereal beings; beings of pure light, don't let their dark guise fool you. Dark Riders cover themselves because they fear what their appearance can do to others. Whether male or female, riders are beautiful, a distracting, perfect beautiful; it is said that they see this beauty as a curse, and view scars that spoil that beauty as a gift." Catelyn said, trying to remember the legends she was told when she was just a child.

"Dark Riders are trained from the time they can walk to be warriors, the great warriors of the Seven Kingdoms. Only the strongest of their kind make it through the training; if this one has survived this long by itself in this world then it must be truly one of a kind. Each rider is given a certain gift at birth; I am intrigued to find out what gifts our visitor possesses." Catelyn said, as she and Robb continued to make their way to the city gates with a still very anxious bannerman in tow.

"So, there is no threat my Lady?" The worried man questioned.

Catelyn shook his head. "Only evil, or those that do wrong should fear a Dark Rider." She said, trying to reassure the man.

As Robb neared the gates, he ordered the guard to open them, reluctantly they complied, and as he made his way through, he heard a voice.

"I wish to speak to the Lord of Winterfell!" The voice of the Dark Rider echoed through the valley, pain evident in its tone.