My Favourite Niece - Oberyn x Reader

Just something a little naughty with our lovely Oberyn 🐍😈

Oberyn watched as she pushed her father around the gardens in his wheelchair, Doran's latest bout of gout was making it impossible for him to walk, and this time seemed worse than ever.

(Y/n) was always on hand when her father needed her, and even though Trystane was the heir to House Martell, and Doran was proud of him, it was always (Y/n) that had been his favourite, she was the apple of his eye, his golden child.

Called the 'Prize of Dorne' by many an admirer, (Y/n) was a true beauty, with long dark hair, deep green eyes, flawless radiant skin, and a kind and generous nature; but it was her unsurpassed intellect that made her truly stand apart from others. There were many beautiful women in Dorne, but beauty and intelligence together seemed rare, though in (Y/n) they were a perfect pair.

Oberyn had always had an eye for his niece, from a younger age she would ask him about his adventures in the world beyond Sunspear, she would ask him about the poisons he had learnt about, and about him teaching her to fight, none of which Doran had been happy about her learning; but when he had seen the pleading look in (Y/n)'s eyes, Doran could do nothing other than let his younger brother teach her.

From that moment, Oberyn and (Y/n) had spent many hours together, teaching and learning, laughing and joking, and every second he spent in her company had been some of the best in his life; but now that (Y/n) was older she rarely got the time to spend with her beloved uncle, her duties to the people and her father taking precedence over time with Oberyn, and as Doran had begun to mention the word marriage around (Y/n), Oberyn feared that he would lose her forever, Doran most likely betrothing her to a House far beyond Dorne, and that was something Oberyn could not have, (Y/n) was his and only his, the Prize of Dorne would be his at all costs, and he didn't care what his brother or anyone else had to say about it.

"Good afternoon brother, (Y/n), and how is my favourite niece today?" Oberyn asked, as he caught up with the father and daughter in the gardens.

"I am your only niece, and I am well, thank you uncle." (Y/n) chuckled, as she kissed Oberyn on the cheek.

"And that is precisely why you are my favourite niece." Oberyn replied, kissing (Y/n) back.

"I am well also, thank you for asking." Doran interrupted, looking up at Oberyn who tried to smile innocently.

"Glorious day, isn't it?" Oberyn asked, placing his hand softly on (Y/n)'s as she continued to push her father around the elaborate gardens.

"Is there something you want?" Doran hissed harshly, as a sudden rush of pain made him wince.

"Well, I was just wondering......... it has been some time since (Y/n) and I have had one of our lessons, and it would seem a shame to waste all that she has learnt, so I was hoping that this evening (Y/n) would meet me in the library and we could go over everything that she has learnt." Oberyn said nonchalantly, not liking the suspicious look in his brother's eyes.

"Oh, please father, it has been so long since I have been able to spend time with uncle, and I do so miss my lessons." (Y/n) begged, kneeling in front of her father and kissing his hands.

"Very well my prize, but be careful, playing with things that snakes want to show you can often be dangerous." Doran told her, kissing her forehead softly, as he glared at Oberyn.

>>------------------------------<<

Oberyn waited nervously in the library, he wasn't used to being nervous but the thought of being in private with (Y/n) again had set everyone of his nerves on fire, and all he wanted was for (Y/n) to douse the flames.