The Oracle - Part 4 - Bronn x Reader

Bronn and Sandor waited with Varys outside (Y/n)'s chamber, the three men wondering what could possibly be taking Tyrion and the Oracle so long to discuss.

Tyrion had entered the room some time ago, and the three waiting men had heard nothing since the door had closed.

"You don't think they're.........you know?" Bronn asked quietly, knowing all to well about the little lion's appreciation for beautiful women, and from what he had seen, this (Y/n) was definitely beautiful.

"(Y/n) is an innocent in this shameful world, she knows nothing of that. She is a child of the gods, pure and untouched. And if you dare to think of laying even a finger on her, I will not be held responsible for my actions." Varys almost growled in reply. Bronn and Sandor taken aback by Varys unusual show of emotions.

Most knew Varys as being cool and calm, with a reserved nature, so to see the normally meek man make such a threat shocked the two warriors. His outburst making it more than obvious that (Y/n) was of great importance to him.

Before either man could say anything in reply, the door to the chamber began to creak open, Tyrion's half shocked, half happy face, appearing from behind the ingress.

"Well?" Bronn asked, not sure whether he liked the look on the little lion's features.

"She..........she told me things that no one but the gods could know, things that I had forgotten. Things that are to come." Tyrion replied, looking up at the other men.

"I will take care of her. You have my word." Tyrion told Varys. The Master of Whispers nodding his head in thanks, he himself not sure what his old friend could have told the youngest Lannister.

"She has asked to see you next." Tyrion said, turning his attention to Bronn. The older sellsword not sure what he was getting himself into.

                                                       >>------------------------------<<

"Ah. The guard dog. Where do I begin with you?" (Y/n) asked with a chuckle, as she patted the bed, beckoning for the sellsword to join her.

"Ya can start anywhere ya like lass." Bronn replied as he took a seat. A huge smile growing across his lips as (Y/n) reached up and touched his face. Her silk like fingertips gently moving over his weathered skin.

"Handsome thing, aren't you? But of course, you know that don't you?" (Y/n) asked as Bronn reached up and took her hand in his.

"Varys says that ya an innocent. That ya pure and chaste, but if ya know the feel of a man's features, I think ya ain't as innocent as he thinks." Bronn told her. His lips ghosting over the soft skin of her palm.

"Varys believes that I am still the child that he first met all those years ago. That my isolation means I know nothing of what it is to desire, to want, to need. But I hear things, see things that the gods show me. It is true what Varys told you. I am a maiden, but the gods have shown me that my time is soon to come, and I will finally know what it is to feel like a woman." (Y/n) explained, as Bronn placed his arm around her waist, and pulled her close.

He knew that he shouldn't. He knew that given Varys emotional outburst, that if the Master of Whispers found out about what he was doing, that he would probably go through with his threat; either that or the gods would not like the fact that he had every intention of deflowering their child if she gave him half a chance and would bring down some terrible curse on him. But she was too beautiful, more perfect than anything he had ever seen; and like Tyrion before him, he couldn't help but want to be as close as possible to the beauteous vision in his arms.

"And....... might I be tha one lucky enough ta show you what it is like to be fulfilled by a man?" Bronn asked, hoping beyond hope that she would say yes.

"If that is what the gods decree, then who am I to contradict them." (Y/n) replied. The Oracle feeling herself tremble a little as Bronn brushed his fingers through her hair.

"First things first, my little guard dog. The gods have shown me what, and who you truly are." (Y/n) continued, extracting herself from Bronn's arms, and taking a seat in a chair next to the large window that flooded the room with light.

"You are an unscrupulous sellsword who is willing to kill more of less anyone if offered the right price. You have an amoral philosophy on life and take great delight in mocking others." (Y/n) told him. Bronn wondering why this supposedly gifted Oracle was pointing out traits of his character that everyone knew. Traits that he had no issues with.

"Yet, all that said. Underneath all the bravado, underneath the drink and the whores, you are not heartless or sadistic like many of your peers. And I believe that deep down you have a good heart and a kind soul. The gods have shown me your skill as a warrior. They have shown me what you can do with bow, sword, and knife. They have shown me your speed and agility, how you wear no armour, and carry no shield. I need a man like you, Bronn. The little lion is the brains, the black Hound the brute force; but you, you are the reluctant hero that I need." (Y/n) finished explaining, listening intently for any noise or word that the sellsword might utter.

"I have no gold to give you for your services, Bronn. No wealth, titles, or position to bestow on you for your help. No castle that I can grant you for your aid. But I can give you the gift of foresight. I can show you what will be, show you why I need you, answer all the questions that you have ever had. All I ask in return is that you take my hand and swear that you will watch over me." (Y/n) said, holding out her hand in hopes that the sellsword would take it.

Bronn thought for a moment. His eyes focused on the white eyed gift from the gods that was waiting for his reply. Maybe this was why Tyrion had appeared as he had, she had shown him his future, shown him the answers to all the questions that he never knew he had asked. At that moment he knew, that despite himself, despite everything he believed, that he too would promise Varys that he would watch over her.

Carefully he rose from the bed, moving across the room and taking (Y/n) by the hand.

"I will take you price." Bronn replied, kneeling down in front of the Oracle and kissing her softly on the hand. (Y/n) smiling as she closed her eyes and summoned the gods once again.