The Night King and the Snowbird - Part 3 - Night King x Reader

A third and final part to this imagine for sofyaaasma and everyone else that enjoys my Night King imagines. I have tried to come up with a happy ending, so hopefully you will all enjoy.😊🥶

The battle had been raging for so long that the snowbird could swear that it had been days. She had used her powers to try and prevent the necromancer from raising the dead. Yet so many of the living had fallen around her that it was proving difficult for even her to prevent those that had once been alive from becoming part of the Night Kings army.

As the snowbird she had flown over the battle fighting against the Night King and the dead Viserion. The necromancer doing all he could to reap his revenge on the creature that had hurt him more than any other could. He wanted to prove that he was the better. That despite the fact that his love had beaten him once before, and driven him to the Land of always Winter, this time he could beat her. He needed to show that he was the greater of the immortal beings. Needed to show that this time he would not be driven back. Needed to show that the Night King was not afraid of anyone or anything. Even his own bride.

The living had watched on as Daenerys had flown over the downed Night King. Drogon blasting the necromancer with dragon fire on her command. The smirking King emerging from the blast, had strode defiantly through the flames. An ice spear barely missing the great dragon, as it hurtled through the sky towards him.

(Y/n) dragged her human from the ground. Like all those around her, she was exhausted. The undead onslaught seeming to be endless. She had been badly injured, yet nothing, but nothing would stop her from preventing the Night King from bringing the Long Night to the world. She had lived too long to give up now. Lived too long to stop protecting all those she had watched over since the age of the First Men. The Night King was the walking personification of death, and she was life. That was why the Children had created her. And now that's what she would be.

(Y/n) watched as the king of winter turned all the dead that littered the walls of Winterfell into his wights. This new wave surging at Jon and the others as they tried to defend the great castle. (Y/n) knew that the King was searching for the Three Eyed Raven, the only other thing he hated as much as he hated her. She knew that as soon as he found Bran, that he would kill the young Stark. And (Y/n) also knew that only a sacrifice of all that she had left, would distract the Night King long enough, so that the living could have a chance. 

Standing shakily to her feet, (Y/n) closed her eyes. Summoning every last ounce of strength that she could muster. She knew that this would be her last sacrifice. That this would be her last few moments in the world. Yet she also knew that this would never truly be over until she and the King were dead.

>>-------------------------------<<

The Night King roared, as the new wights around him that had once been part of his undead army suddenly dropped to the floor. Their flesh turning from its pale, ice like blue, back into its soft living tones. Warm blood once again flowing through their veins as they came back to life. The confused warriors looking at one another, before jumping to their feet and re-joining the battle on the side of the living. The King roaring again as he realised that there was only one creature that could possibly have reversed his spell. The necromancer preparing to go and find the snowbird, only to turn just in time to grab Arya by the throat and the knife arm, as she tried to use the fact that he was distracted to her advantage.

>>---------------------------------<<

Suddenly, (Y/n) dropped to the floor. The pain in her chest greater than anything she had experienced since the dragonglass dagger had been pushed into her flesh, by Leaf.

"He's dead?" (Y/n) asked, as Jon rushed to her side. Falling to his knees as he placed her head into his lap.

"Yes, my lady. It's over." Jon replied, as he brushed a few stray strands of pale hair away from her face.

"Then I too must go. My time in this world is over. There will be a new world. A better world. You still have much to endure, but one day things will be better. I promise." (Y/n) told Jon, as a single perfect frozen tear slowly ran down her cheek.

"You are a great man, Jon Snow. Don't let loss change you. Have it feed you and make you stronger. Allow it to make you better than you could ever have dreamed." (Y/n) told him with her last breath. Jon wrapping his arms around the snowbird as she finally closed her eyes.

>>---------------------------------<<

(Y/n) moaned softly as a warm breeze kissed her skin. The feel of a soft bed, and warm furs cocooning her form. Slowly, her eyes fluttered open to find herself in a bedroom that she had not seen in millennia. The gentle wind making the delicate material that covered the panes, flutter happily. Moving the furs from her body, (Y/n) rose from the bed and pulled a simple, light night gown around her. Her fingers ghosting over trinkets and keepsakes that she thought that she had lost forever.

Quietly she opened the door. Her eyes growing wide as she heard the sound of joyful whistling. Her heart pounding violently in her chest as she recognised a voice that she hadn't heard in a multitude of lifetimes, as it suddenly rang out in song.

(Y/n) began to run through the small home. Her hands trembling. Her breath hitching in her throat. Her heart threatening to break from its bony confines as she threw open the door and moved out into the dappled sunlight that peaked through the deep green canopy overhead. Her eyes scanning the surroundings as she desperately looked for the man she knew was nearby.

Quickly she made her way to the back of the dwelling. Her bare feet dipping into the water of the small stream as she came to a stop. The sight of the naked muscles in his back rippling as he raised an axe above his head, and brought it down onto a lump of wood, sending an exquisite tingle down her spin.

"Arren." (Y/n) said quietly in disbelief. The man turning and smiling as he looked at the woman before him. Slowly raising his hand so that he could wipe the sweat from his brow.

"Hello love." Arren began happily, as he pulled on his shirt.

"I was hoping to have the house ready before you woke up. I wanted everything to be perfect." Arren told her, as he leant down and picked up a small posey of wildflowers. Walking over to her and handing her the bouquet.

"It's not the right season for your favourites. But I'll pick you them for you when they bloom." He continued, chuckling softly as (Y/n) threw herself into her husband's arms. Tears flowing down her cheeks as she felt the warmth of his body against hers. Something she thought that she would never experience again.

"There's no need to cry, love. You and I have the rest of eternity to make up for all the time that we've lost. And I am going to make you the happiest woman I can." Arren told her, as he pulled away slightly, and brushed away the tears. His lips gently connecting with hers, as the two lovers shared their first kiss since the day they were changed.

"You know. I think that its cooling down a little. Why don't you and I find a special place and warm up." Arren chuckled, as he picked his bride up into his arms and strode through the babbling stream. The two of them forgetting about the world that had been. Forgetting about the Night King and the snowbird. The husband and wife only concerned with the wonderous eternity that stretched out before them.