Who wants to live forever - Petyr x Reader

I have taken influence for this imagine from the song "Who wants to live forever" by Queen. Its a beautiful song that deserves a hopefully beautiful imagine. I have included some of the lyrics in the text, and I know it is a little shorter than most of the things I write, but I hope that you will enjoy all the same.

(Y/n) listened to her husband beg for his life before Sansa. Listened to him tell the young Stark that he had loved her mother, that he loved her. (Y/n)'s heart breaking as she listened to his words, her soul shattering as Sansa replied that despite his claims, that he had betrayed them both. That he had killed their aunt, planned the assassination of Jon Arryn, and had conspired with the Lannister's to imprison and frame her father for treason.

(Y/n) couldn't help but let the tears fall as she was held back by those present, falling to her knees as Arya slit his throat. Her husband falling to the floor as he died in a pool of his own blood. The crimson liquid seeming to seep into the stones of Winterfell itself.

"Lady Baelish. Come forward." Sansa called out as the crowd separated so that the two she wolves and Bran could see the broken woman.

Sansa watched sympathetically, as the woman stumbled forward, dropping to her knees by the side of Petyr's corpse.

"Lady Baelish. You are as much a victim as any other. You are free to go with our blessing." Sansa said, hoping that the woman would rise and find a new life for herself.

"You are far too kind, but I would rather not, Lady Sansa. There is nothing for me now. I will carry the stigma of being a Baelish wherever I go. And even though I knew nothing of my husband's sins, I feel that I too must pay for my own crimes." (Y/n) replied, Sansa shaking her head, hoping that the woman before her would change her mind.

"You have committed no crime, Lady Baelish. And I will have no innocent blood spilt here today." Sansa said, almost begging (Y/n) to reconsider.

"It is true that I knew nothing of his assassination of Jon, that I knew nothing of his betrayal of your father. He married your aunt, knowing full well that he was already wed to me, and he killed her without remorse. And he claimed that he loved you and your mother before everyone, despite the fact that he knew that I could hear. My husband was guilty of all his crimes and deserved to pay for them. I do not claim that I should pay for his crimes, but for the crime I committed, the crime of loving Petyr Baelish. Because despite everything, despite all he did. All his lies, all the deceit, I am guilty of continuing to love him. And even though to the rest of the world he was the villain, a coward hiding behind his whores, to me he could be the most wonderful, and loving man that I had ever met. And I know deep down that he loved me. He was the love of my life, so I would very much like to join him in death, and all I can do is hope that the gods will look favourably on me." (Y/n) declared, Sansa shaking her head as she rose from her seat and walked over to (Y/n).

"Are you sure (Y/n)? Are you sure that this is what you really want?" Sansa asked, as she took (Y/n)'s hand.

"I'm sure. Thank you." (Y/n) replied, as Sansa took the Valyrian blade from Arya, and placed it in (Y/n)'s hand.

"We will leave you alone. And I assure you that because of you, you will both receive a decent burial." Sansa reassured, as she ushered everyone out of the great room.

"We can't let her do this Sansa. Lady Baelish did nothing wrong. What do you think mother and father would say, what Robb would do if they were here?" Arya asked, protesting as Sansa made her leave the room.

"Mother, father, and Robb aren't here. And as much as I wish that she would change her mind, (Y/n) has chosen her path." Sansa replied, placing her arm around her sister as she led Arya away.

                                                  >>-------------------------------<<

(Y/n) sat on the floor next to Petyr, his blood soaking into her gown. Slowly and carefully she took his pale hand and brought it up to her cheek. The last warmth from his body making her shiver as she nuzzled into the palm of his hand. Her tears falling over his lifeless fingers as she stared into his face.

"This was no time for us. No place for us, my love. There was no chance for us, the gods had it all decided for us long before now." (Y/n) said softly as she brushed the blood from the mockingbird sigil at her husbands' throat.

"But this world did have one sweet moment set aside for us. And despite everything I loved you and will continue to love you. So, who wants to live forever? I can only dare to love forever. And even though love must die here, I can only pray that the gods will let me love you in the next life." (Y/n) continued, as carefully she undid her gown, pulling the material away from her throat and folding the collar down. Placing her own mockingbird just over her heart.

"Touch my tears with your lips." (Y/n) whispered, as she leant over and softly kissed Petyr's lips, her tears dropping onto his cheeks as she combed her fingers through his hair one last time.

"Touch my world with your fingertips." (Y/n) whispered again, taking his hand and placing it over her heart.

"We can have forever, my love. We can love forever. And forever will be ours today. Because who wants to live forever anyway." (Y/n) finished, as she raised the Valyrian blade to her throat and cut deeply. Her body falling forwards over Petyr's, her arms seeming to wrap around him in a last loving embrace. Her blood mixing with his, as she sacrificed herself for love. For who wants to live forever anyway?