High Winters Day - Tormund x Reader

I know that there are no real holy days in Game of Thrones, but as it is coming up to Christmas, I thought I would make up my own for them 😁 so I hope that you will go with it. And I know that it is a little early, but I would like to wish everyone a very happy, and safe, silly season. No matter where you are from or what you believe, I hope that you are able to all spend time with your loved ones. And despite everything that has happened over this terrible year, that you all have chance to enjoy yourselves. I thought that the only gift I could give you all was a couple of little imagines for the season, so here is the first.

It was High Winters Eve. The day before the most holy day of the year. For all those that believed in the gods, it was a time for families to come together. A time to sing, to dance and make merry, before the world was plunged into the darkest and coldest period of the year. It was a time to remember all that had been, and a time celebrate all that was to come. It was a time when loved ones would exchange gifts, and festivals would fill every city, town and village with colour. And this year's celebrations would mean more than ever before.

It had not been long since the war, not long since cities had burned, and countless men and women had died defending all that they held dear. So those that were left knew that it was their duty to honour all those that could not be with them.

"Well? Have you come up with something?" Jon asked Tormund. The big red man slumped over the large wooden table that sat in the middle of the room.

Jon knew all too well how the large wildling felt for Tyrion's sister. How he had followed the beautiful lioness around like a lovesick young man since the first moment he had laid eyes on her. How he had fought by her side as the Night King had brought hell to the mortal world, and how they had been there for one another since the human forces had won. But Jon could never understand why Tormund had never told (Y/n) how he felt. The Free Folk were not normally shy about telling someone how they felt, and what they wanted, so what made this situation different for the big man, was beyond Jon.

"No." Tormund groaned, as he pulled his fur coat over his head, hoping that the ground would swallow him up.

"How can I give er something worthy of er? She's a lady, a Lannister. She would have only got tha best of tha best on other High Winters Days. Tyrion said that his father always spoiled (Y/n) tha most. That he would gift er gold and jewels. I can't compete with that. Plus, I don't think tha little man would like me givin gifts ta his beloved baby sister." Tormund complained, his voice muffled by a pile of fur.

Jon shook his head and chuckled, as he made his way over to his friend. The young lord placing his hand on the wildlings shoulder reassuringly.

"You are not expecting me to believe that the great Tormund Giantsbane is afraid of what the little lion would have to say. And I am more than sure that if Tyrion did say something, that (Y/n) would tell him to mind his own business. You know (Y/n) well enough to know that she doesn't need gold and jewels. She doesn't need expensive gifts. I am sure that whatever you gave her, she would love. (Y/n) feels the same for you as you do for her, she is just waiting for the feared red wildling to make the first move." Jon said, a small smile pulling at the corner of his lips as Tormund reappeared from under his coat.

"She does?............I mean, of course she does." Tormund declared as he sprung to his feet. A broad, beaming smile spread across his face.

"I'll see you at the celebrations tomorrow." Tormund shouted as he rushed from the room. An idea formulating in his mind about how to show (Y/n) how much he really cared.

                                                            >>------------------------------<<

(Y/n) rubbed her eyes as the first rays of the High Winters Day sun came streaming through her window. This year's festivities would be different to any that she had seen before. It would be the first year that would see only her and Tyrion together, the first year that she would not spend with all her family. But she knew that now she had a new family, that she and Tyrion would not be alone. They had Jon and the Free Folk, and best of all she would have Tormund.