Sleeping Beauty - Jon x Reader

For some reason I find it hard to write for Jon, so I apologise for not doing more for him, but I hope that you will enjoy this little imagine that I have come up with.

Tormund and some of the other Wildlings had discovered the great ice cave days before, but until now they had only been able to enter the first chamber; but as the internal temperature of the cavernous expanse had begun to change with the body warmth of the men, ice wall after ice wall had begun to melt, resulting in the cave revealing its true extent, and its true purpose; a tomb.

Tormund, Jon, and the others stood staring in disbelief at the glorious reliefs that were painted with great skill on the steep, solid walls, the delicate frescoes protected by a layer of ice that was as clear as a pane of glass.

Moving further into the chamber, the detailed pictures seemed to illustrate the life of a woman, a woman of great importance, and if the pictorial representations were to be taken as fact, a woman also of great beauty.

"Can you understand any of this?" Jon asked Tormund, as he and the big red man walked over to a wall upon which was portrayed the young woman, her perfect ice blue eyes appearing alive, as the two men stared into them.

"I don't undastand tha language, maybe one of tha others will; but it reminds me of something." Tormund thought out loud, his rough fingers delicately brushing over the sheet of ice that protected the visage of the young woman.

"Well? What does it remind you of?" Jon asked slightly gruffly, not liking the fact that it felt like Tormund was keeping something from him about the beautiful maiden.

"The old women used ta tell us stories when we wa young, stories about the world before the free folk, stories about a perfect kingdom that existed at the beginnin of time, a kingdom ruled by a great King. If I remember right, the land was at peace, tha King was good and kind, loved by his people and the old gods; the King lavished praise on the gods, building temples and protecting the great woods that once existed, and for his service and care, tha gods gifted him a daughter, a daughter of immense beauty, intellect and compassion, a daughter he called (Y/n).

The King couldn't have been happier with his child, she was everythin that a father could wish fa, and was adored by the people; but one day she met a man, a man as dark as any crow, and the princess fell in love with tha man despite her father's disapproval, the King not liking the fact that his daughter's love was a simple man, one not worthy of a great princess; and even though the King knew that the pair loved one another, he banished tha young man, sendin him out into the wilderness beyond the great walls of the kingdom never ta return, hopin that his child would forget her infatuation with the young man; but the princess pinned for her lost love, er heart breakin a little more every day that they were apart.

When tha King realised what he had done ta his daughter, he sent out his men to find er love, only ta receive tha news that the young man had died in battle in some far off land. After bein told of his death, the princess locked erself in er rooms refusin ta leave, refusin ta talk ta anyone, especially er father.

Tha princess eventually died of a broken heart, er father, the people, and tha gods devastated by tha loss of tha beautiful girl; so devastated were tha gods that they refused ta let the old king bury er below tha ground, instead sendin him dreams that told him to prepare a great tomb of rock and ice, a tomb that would allow them ta continue ta gaze down on their creation.

The legend say's that tha King spared no expense, findin tha greatest artisans ta prepare tha tomb for his daughter's eternal rest, all tha people lamentin tha loss of their princess as tha funeral procession took er ta er restin place. Tha old women said that tha gods though could not let tha princess truly die, so they ventured ta tha world of tha dead ta bring back the girls spirit, placin it back in er body, ta stay in an eternal sleep until tha day er love returned ta er." Tarus informed Jon, the older Wildling coming up behind him and Tormund as he told the story he remembered from his childhood.

"So, you mean that this could be this legendary tomb?" Jon asked, not sure whether to scoff at the suggestion, or be intrigued by the prospect of finding the beautiful princess.

"Not sayin it is, not sayin it isn't, just tellin ya what it could be, lad. Tarus told him, as he left Jon and Tormund so that he could explore the tomb further.

"Well, if ya ask me, I think we should go see if we can find ourselves a sleepin princess." Tormund chuckled, slapping Jon on the back as he walked off, leaving Jon to look at the face of the beautiful woman.

"(Y/n)." Jon said softly, as he placed his hand on the ice, the glacier melting slightly under his warm touch, the cold water flowing down making it appear that the woman was crying.

"Are ya comin?" Tormund called out, bringing Jon back from his thoughts, as he reluctantly turned from the image to follow Tormund.

As Jon followed the Wildlings further into the cave, a strange feeling began to over take him, a feeling that stopped him dead in his tracks, an invisible unseen hand seeming to turn him away from the others to an area of the tomb that appeared darker than the rest. With his torch leading the way, Jon made his way ever deeper, the air around him growing thicker and colder as he walked through a large passageway that seemed to lead to the very heart of the tomb.

Suddenly he was halted, a huge wall of ice blocking his way; but as he turned to retrace his steps, another great sheet of frozen water sprang up around him, enclosing him in his own icy coffin.

Dropping his torch, Jon frantically banged on the ice, calling at the top of his voice for Tormund and the others to come to his aid; but as he turned to face the original wall, he found that there was nothing other than an open way, the ice that had been there, melted and the water rolling like a small river through the recess.

Picking up the still barely lit torch, Jon shakily moved through the new breach, the way opening out into a great hall that seemed to be lit by the light from the night sky, the huge moon above shining in through a great glass aperture in an immense dome that towered over him, the light from the great celestial being casting an eerie glow over the immense room.

Holding his torch high above his head, Jon cautiously made his way over to a high altar that was situated in the middle of the great hall, his eyes widening in disbelief as what he had first thought was a carving of a figure in the most beautiful white stone, was in fact the body of the woman whose face he had seen on the walls of the other chambers, the princesses body perfectly preserved, appearing as though she had only been placed there moments before.

Moving closer to the princess, his heart began to race wildly, his hand reaching up as if with a mind of its own, his fingers gently caressing the cold skin of the young woman.

"(Y/n)." Jon whispered softly, his fingers pushing back a few stray hairs that lay across her cheek.

"You are more beautiful then I remember." Jon said, before suddenly stumbling back, shocked at the words that had come from his lips.

"I....... I know you, you....... you're my (Y/n)." Jon gasped in disbelief, slowly inching back to the princess's side, his thoughts racing as memories he never knew he had filled his mind, memories of a life that he had once shared with the woman before him.

"Come back to me my princess, come back to me my love." Jon told her, climbing up on to the altar so that he was looking down over her.

"I don't know how this is real, or why this is real; but I know that you are mine, and I am yours, and the gods have finally seen fit to bring us back together. So, wake up for me, and I promise that I will never let anyone separate us again." Jon said, leaning down and softly kissing her lips.

As he moved away, he was met by the ice blue eyes of the woman he now remembered, the woman he had been forced from so many lifetime's ago.

"Jonarh, is that you." The princess asked, her cold hand reaching up and caressing his cheek.

"Where am I? How are you here, I was told you were dead." (Y/n) asked, as she slowly began to rise from her resting place.

"It is me my love, but it is not. I have much to tell you, much to explain, and the world you once knew has changed; but for now, all you need to know is that I love you, and that we are together again, and this time I won't let anyone separate us." Jon said, as he took her into his arms, carrying his sleeping beauty from her tomb.

"Then my love, as long as I am with you, the rest of the world doesn't matter." (Y/n) told him, as he made his way back towards the others, cradling his princess in his arms, never to let her go again.