Star Crossed Lovers - Jaime Lannister x Reader

The old gods had given us two arms and two legs but only one heart, our other heart was given to someone else, our soulmate, and it was for us to find them, a scare above our heart, identical to its partner, was the one thing that would help us find them. This fate was written in the stars and had been true for as long as anyone could remember.

And so it was for Jaime Lannister. It was true that he had Cersei but he had never found his soulmate; he had often hoped that his sister was his one, but when he discovered that Cersei didn't even have a scar, a large part of him wasn't surprised, he always knew deep down that his sister was a heartless being, and he had consequently begun to distance himself from her.

Despite every lady that had come to Kings landing, he had never found his one, and given his reputation, and the fact he was a Kings guard this seemed to cement his belief that he was never destined to find that one special person.

                                                                 >>---------------------------------<<

And so, it went for (Y/n). When no one in her village had the same scar over their heart as she did, she decided to leave her home and become an adventurer, exploring the Seven Kingdoms, fighting battles and discovering everything her world had to offer; the only thing that she had never discovered was her soulmate.

As the years passed, she had given up hope, deciding that the old gods must have a different fate set out for her, that the stars were not in alignment when she was born, and the scar above her heart was a birthmark and nothing more.

After years of travelling she found herself in Kings Landing; it most certainly wasn't the nicest place she had ever visited; the city was crowded and smelt, but it had its interesting points, and as a good explorer she couldn't turn down the opportunity to see somewhere new.

The news of her pending arrival had spread throughout the city, garnering much interest from the locals. Her adventures were well known, and she had become somewhat famous in her own little way.

As she entered the city, people began to take note of the strange looking visitor. The horse she rode was an imposingly large white stallion, with ancient runes across its buttocks that had been painted by a medicine man she had come across during her travels. Her clothing was neither of the north or south, but a mixture of everywhere she had ever been. She kept her hair short and wore an oversized hat that covered her features and protected her from the sun, the whole ensemble created quite a curious looking creature for the people of King's Landing.

Joffrey had heard of the imminent arrival of the well known explorer, and had instructed his uncle to intercept the woman and bring her to him; such a visitor would impress the people of the court, and Joffrey wished to be immortalised in one of her tales.

Taking some other guards through the city with him, Jamie became aware of the conversations of the people, some spoke in hushed tones about how the adventurer was a strange looking woman who covered her face, and appeared most unladylike; others thought she was unusual and interesting and were excited that she was in their city.

Without much difficulty Jaime had found the inn in which the adventurer had taken up residence for the duration of her stay. Leaving the other guards outside he entered to find a large crowd centred around a woman with a quill and parchment in one hand and a glass of wine in the other, intently listening to the stories of the locals.

Standing behind the crowd, he was struck by the woman that was the centre of all the attention. He was unable to see her features at first, the wide brimmed hat covering her face from his sight, but as his armour glinted on her glass of wine, she raised her head.

Jaime felt his heart pound violently in his chest, so violently that it felt like a wild beast desperately trying to break out of its cage, gnawing and clawing at its confines. As her dark smoky eyes met his green orbs; he felt the scar over his heart warm, a pleasant warmth that seemed to spread through his whole body.

He had heard from others that when you met their soulmate your heart would tell you that its partner was near; and here he was, his heart screaming to him that its mate was close. He watched wide eyed as she placed her hand over her heart, forgetting about the throng of people that surrounded her, more concerned with the feeling that was taking over her body. He made his way to the table at which she sat, the crowd parting now that they realised who was in their presence.

He reached out his hand, silently begging for hers in return. As she yielded to his unspoken plea, her hand found his, and Jaime forgot everything about Cersei and Joffrey, about being the Kingslayer and a Kings guard, and all he could think about was the beauty that sat before him.

"Milady (Y/n), it is a pleasure to meet a woman of such repute." He said softly as his lips caressed the back of her hand.

"And it is a pleasure to meet the one and only Jaime Lannister." (Y/n) said, smiling at him.

His brows furrowed as he looked at her, causing her to chuckle softly at his confusion. "I may never have been to Kings landing before, but your reputation proceeds you, and I can't imagine that there are many other men in this city who wear such armour. In your own way you are as distinctive as your brother."

Jaime smiled and slide into the seat opposite her, the crowd having dispersed as the Lannister had made his presence known.

"May I milady?" Jaime asked as he reached out his hand and moved the material from over her heart to reveal the concealed scar that was the twin of his.

"I have been waiting for you for a very long time my love." Jaime said, taking her hand in his.

"I hope that you will be able to stay in our city?" He asked hopefully.

"Well Ser Lannister, I think that Kings landing has just become my favourite place in the Seven Kingdoms." She said with a smile.

As the two spoke for the rest of the day, she couldn't help but think that the stars sometimes worked in mysterious ways.