Chapter 66: Can I really still trust you?

Chenle was getting more and more mad.
Jisung was hiding something, the older was sure of it. But the taller just wouldn't tell Chenle.

When they were younger, they had promised to never lie to each other.
Did this promise mean nothing anymore?

Chenle was mad, sad and irritated.
How could he loose his best friend like that, when they made a promise?

*Flashback*

It was a few weeks before their debut with "Chewing Gum".

Chenle wasn't a trainee for long.
When he became part of NCT, their debut wasn't that far anymore.

He didn't had a long time to get to know the others and he hadn't grown up with them.

But the day, he had entered SM, he met his long lost childhood friend.
The little boy, he was on a show with, when they were just small kids.
The now tall boy, who became his best friend. Jisung.

The chinese boy and the maknae grew close really quickly, but Jisung still treated the older respectfully, since Chenle was his Hyung.

Chenle didn't really like that. Maybe they were born in different years but they only had an age difference of two to three months.

So when their debut date came closer, Chenle dared to ask Jisung to become officially friends. Jisung already felt like a best friend anyways.

"Jisung-ah", Chenle said, when they were alone.

"Yes, Hyung?", Jisung looked up from his phone.

"Can you stop treating me so formally? I don't wanna be your Hyung. I would prefer to be your friend.", Chenle explained.

"Oh", Jisung wasn't expecting that. Sure, him and Chenle were close but to not call him Hyung was weird, since he was still born the year before him.

"Yeah", Chenle sighed. "I see you as my best friend. I don't know if you do the same but I definitely don't feel like your Hyung. Between us are only a few months. It just feels weird, when you are so respectful to me. So can we just become officially friends?"

Jisung smiled. "That actually sounds really nice." Jisung stood up and walked closer to Chenle to sit down next to him. "And for the record. I see you as my best friend too."

Now Chenle smiled and pulled Jisung in a tight hug.

"You know, as best friends, you have to promise me something.", Chenle said, when he slowly let Jisung go.

"Mh?", Jisung asked.

"You, Park Jisung, need to promise me that we won't ever have any secrets from each other." The older held his pinky out.

Jisung didn't hesitate for a second and put his pinky around Chenle's. "I promise."

"I promise too.", Chenle whispered and then hugged Jisung again.

And all these years they have kept the promise. Till they didn't anymore.

*Flashback end*

But Chenle actually didn't keep the promise either.

He has never told Jisung that he was in love with him.

However this was different for Chenle. Because he did it to protect their friendship. And his heart.

But Jisung was keeping something from him and Chenle wouldn't even dare to hope, it could be the same secret as his own.
Jisung just couldn't have feelings for him. The look on his face after their kiss proved that fact.