Chapter 37: Okay, let's tell Renjun

Jaemin and Jeno were now officially together.

Jaemin couldn't stop smiling, since he finally could call Jeno 'his'.

And also Jeno lost all his grumpiness, now that Jaemin was his and only his.

And when the others wouldn't look, Jeno couldn't stop touching Jaemin.

Once, they were finished with washing the dishes after dinner and everyone left the kitchen.

As soon as the others were out of the room, Jeno grabbed Jaemin's waist and stopped him from leaving too.

He tickled the younger's sides and made him giggle. One of his favourite sounds in this world. Right next to Jaemin's voice.

Then he backhugged the blonde, who leaned back in the black hair's hold.

"Mhh, what are you doing?", Jaemin hummed.

"Nothing. Just hugging my boyfriend.", Jeno kissed the side of Jaemin's neck.

"I like that.", Jaemin said dreamily.

"What?", Jeno whispered.

"How you call me your boyfriend.", Jaemin happily sighed and leaned even more into Jeno.

"I like that to.", Jeno nuzzled Jaemin's neck. "My boyfriend."

Jaemin giggled again and Jeno was about to turn him around and kiss him silly, even with the risk of the others being around, when they heard footsteps.

They quickly seperated from each other, when Renjun was already entering the room.

"Everything alright?", Renjun asked.

"Yeah, we were just...."

"Talking", Jeno ended the sentence for Jaemin.

"Right", Renjun answered. "I just forgot my phone, so I will quickly take it so you can continue with", Renjun grabbed his phone from the table and looked at the two amorous boys "talking."

Renjun left the two boys alone and the couple looked at each other.

"Jeno", Jaemin started but Jeno quickly cut him off.

"Don't even start."

He quickly kissed the pout on Jaemin's face away, before also leaving the kitchen.

Moments like this happened often. Almost getting caught and then pretending that nothing happened.

When the two youngest ran into them, it wasn't a problem for Jaemin. Lying to them was like lying to everyone else.

But when they pretended nothing happened in front of Renjun, Jaemin felt weird.

The older already knew that something was happening between Jeno and Jaemin. He just wasn't updated that the two now were an official couple.

So one day he decided to talk with Jeno about this.

They were currently lying in Jaemin's bed. Jeno, again, sneaked out of his room to spend the night with the boy, he loved.

Jeno was lying on Jaemin's chest, arms wrapped around the younger, while the latter let his fingers wander through Jeno's soft black hair.

"Jeno-ah?", Jaemin asked softly.

Jeno hummed, being completely relaxed in Jaemin's arms.

"I know and just let me finish first before you freak out.", Jaemin sighed. "I know we wanted to tell no one about our relationship and keep it a secret but", Jaemin took another deep breath. "But can we, please, tell Renjun?"

Jeno raised his head but he kept his arms wrapped around Jaemin.

"He already knows that there is something between us and.... And I think it is just awkward how we all just pretend that there is nothing. It is kind of ridiculous. And I just want.... Please, Jeno-ah?", Jaemin was pouting.

"I will think about it.", because Jeno couldn't say 'no' to his boyfriend.

A few days later the two youngest weren't at home and Jaemin was sleeping in his room. Renjun took the opportunity to talk with Jeno, who just entered the living room.

"You are really an idiot, do you know that?", Renjun asked.

"Hello to you to", Jeno raised a brow.

"How can you let Jaemin suffer like that? Why can't you become official? Does he mean anything to you?", Renjun started.

"I-", Jeno tried but Renjun wasn't finished.

"I thought you were better than this. But no, you just think of yourself. But that is just not right."

"Renjun, it is not like that-", Jeno tried again but Renjun wasn't having it.

"Why can't you be brave enough for once? For love? For Jaemin? For god's sake."

"Renjun, if you would just listen-", but Renjun didn't let Jeno finish his sentence.
Renjun went out of the room, leaving a dumbfounded Jeno behind.

A few minutes later Jaemin's door opened and the boy looked up from his phone to see Jeno walking in his room.

After the older closed the door, he looked at Jaemin and sighed. "Okay, let's tell Renjun."

So some time later, Renjun was in Jaemin's room, looking expectantly at the couple.

"Okay", Jaemin took a breath. "What we wanted to tell you is-", Jaemin carefully started but couldn't end his sentence.

"We are now an official couple.", Jeno bluntly interrupted. "Have been for some time now."

"Jenoooo", Jaemin whined but Jeno only shrugged.

"I know", they heard Renjun's voice and the couple looked at him in a second.

"What?", they both asked with screeching voices and wide eyes.

Renjun chuckled. "Don't worry, you aren't that obvious. At least for the people, who don't know about you. But I did. And you, Jaemin," Renjun pointed a finger at the addressed boy. "Suddenly you couldn't stop smiling and giggling, every time Jeno entered the room."

"And you mister", now Renjun's finger was showing in Jeno's direction. "You can't keep your eyes off of Jaemin every freaking second, you are together. And don't think I am not aware of all the increasing touches, when you think no one would see."
Renjun dramatically shook his head.
"You made it really obvious for me that you are now happily together."

There was a short pause of silence before Jeno spoke up.

"Okay, but when you knew, then why did you accuse me of all these mean things?", Jeno asked confused.

"Because", Renjun smiled mischievously, "I wanted you to tell me."

Jeno only rolled his eyes but then lightly chuckled.

"You are really something."

"I know", Renjun answered pleased.

"And you deserved to hear all these stuff.", Renjun added. "After all, you really treated Jaemin like shit in the beginning."

"Hey", Jaemin interfered. "It is all good now, okay? Let's not talk about things in the past."

"But he is right", Jeno interjected.
"I really shouldn't have let you suffer like this."

Jaemin took Jeno's face in his hands. "I said it is okay now. Okay?"

Jeno nodded and Jaemin smiled satisfied. "Good", he quickly pecked Jaemin's cheek.

"Gross.", the couple looked at Renjun. "But still cute."
They all smiled.

And that is how Renjun was the first one to know about the relationship of Jaemin and Jeno.