Chapter 10: A lot of staring

A/n: Okay, so I feel a little bit pressured to write this chapter, since I really want to convey this video. It is an iconic Nomin moment, every shipper should know, right? So I want to write about it. I hope you will like it.
(And sorry for being so insecure and telling you this. And by the way a big THANKS for reading my story <3)

It was the day of the shooting for NCT Yearbook.

Since this was the first time for Jaemin to be in front of a camera and shooting with NCT again, the staff decided to give him and Jeno a camera to film something for the behind the scenes of the shoot.

So they sat on a couch and made it comfortable for themselves.
And with comfortable I mean, sitting as close as possible.

What was personal space again?

"Jaemin is back", Jeno announced, when they started to film.

They tried to be relaxed and funny, so the fans would have fun watching them.
But for Jeno it was a little difficult to be relaxed.
Because a specific person wouldn't stop staring at him. Or more, wouldn't stop staring at his lips.

But Jaemin couldn't help himself.
Jeno looked hot in his outfit. Too gorgeous for his own good.

Jeno actually loved getting Jaemin's attention. But in front of the camera, he couldn't concentrate. So he had to do something. But the first idea, that got in his head, just made everything more messed up.

Than Jeno thought, filming Jaemin's lips would make him stop. Because so Jaemin would realize, what he was doing and would stop from making Jeno feel hot.

But Jaemin already knew, what he was doing.

So instead of stopping, he did the completely opposite.
He tried to kiss Jeno. On his cheeks. Then still, even when their video will be cut, he couldn't risk anything.

Jeno couldn't believe, what Jaemin was doing. But he decided to play along.
"Sorry, that was my fault", he said and Jaemin finally stopped his attack.

But this didn't made Jeno happy, like he thought it would.
Deep inside, he hoped, Jaemin would win their little fight and end up kissing his cheeks.
But he didn't.

They kept messing around. They were happy. They often forgot there was a camera, and stopped talking, just staring in each other's eyes.

The editors of the video had a lot of intense staring to cut out in the end. Sorry to them.

They were close, but not close enough.

Jeno stretched a little, it got uncomfortable sitting on the couch for so long. He streched his arms over his head and yawned. It was a long day of shooting after all.

Jaemin got an idea.

"Tired?", he asked in a soft tone. He needed to seem nice and not teasing, otherwise Jeno would run away. Or at least, this is what he thought.

Jeno wouldn't go anywhere. He was exactly there, where he belonged.

"Mhh", Jeno answered tiredly.
"And sore. Sleeping another night on the couch, because your bed still haven't arrived, and it's a week, god I hate people, makes my legs really sore. Since the couch isn't that big to stretch them during sleeping."

"You could have slept in my bed", Jaemin looked him in the eyes.

"I did that too often. The others would get suspicious."

"What is there to be suspicious about?", Jaemin raises a brow.

"Don't. You know what, and we won't argue about this now.", Jeno points at the camera with his head.

And Jaemin understood.

Whatever was going on between them, no one should find out. Especially not the staff members, when they edit this video.

"Okay. I get it", Jaemin says, voice going soft again.
"But since your legs are sore, please let me help you."

Jeno looked at him confused.

"Here, stretch your legs on my lap", Jaemin instructed.

Jeno hesitated first, but then gave in. Because, god, his legs felt bad and a chance to get closer to Jaemin, why should he reject it.

"I will massage them a little bit, okay?", Jaemin looked at Jeno with soft eyes.

Jeno nodded.
And the Jaemin began messaging Jeno's legs. They were really tense, but Jaemin got them to realx more and more.

After some time Mark came.

But instead of immediately jumping out of Jaemin's lap, Jeno stayed.
And Jaemin was happy that he did.
Because they felt good like that, so close.

And when Mark would hold the camera in the right angle, no one would see it.

So they thought.

They started talking to Mark, made some jokes, laughed.

Jaemin glanced from time to time to Jeno, and sometimes he caught him glancing back.

After some time, Mark left. It was now his turn to look good and steal the breath of the fans. Like he always does.

They messed around some more, playing with the camera and their fans.

After some time they became silent again, and Jeno felt Jaemin's intense gaze on him.

"Stop liking me", Jeno said almost whining. He didn't meant it to pass his lips. It just happend, before he could stop it.

But Jaemin's answer suprised him more.
"You liked me first."

Jeno had no answer for it.
Is it even true? Did he liked him first?
Actually it didn't matter.
Because Jeno stopped liking Jaemin a long time ago.

What he feels for Jaemin is more than just liking him. His feelings are deep. Jaemin can make his heart beat faster, just because he smiles and everytime they get close, Jeno can't stop the millions of butterflies in his stomach from flying around.

So Jeno was confused by his own statement.
Because of completely different reasons.
His heart and mind were fighting and he couldn't even tell, what he was thinking and what he was feeling anymore.

Because actually Jeno didn't mean his statement. He wanted Jaemin to like him.

But on the other side, he meant his statement. He just didn't knew why.

Did he really want Jaemin to stop liking him? Maybe he could stop too and the growing problems would finally be gone.

Or did he want him to stop, because he wanted to be more than a person, Jaemin likes. Maybe a person, Jaemin loves?

Jeno was so deep in thought that Jaemin tried to bring him back in the most weirdest way.

He blew a raspberry. This led to Jeno following his instincts.
He tried to seal Jaemin's lips with his fingers.

But before he touched Jaemin's lips, he came back to his senses.

His finger was almost brushing against Jaemin's lips.

Jeno quickly withdrew his finger.

What would have happened, if he touched it?

Would he have felt, how soft it is? The softness, he always imagined.
And could he have hold back then? Or would he have lost any remaning control and let the staff witness something, they definetly shouldn't see on this video?

Jeno decided that everything became too much. This video was already long enough, so he decided to end it.

And Jaemin was okay with it.

Because he also didn't knew, what would have happened, if Jeno had touched his lips? What would he have done?

God, they were both so confused.

What a way to bring Jaemin back to his fans.