Chapter 31: Renjunie

"Jaemin, can we talk?", Renjun asked, when they were alone in the dorm.

"Sure, Renjunie", Jaemin looked up from his phone.

They were currently sitting in the living room on the opposite couches.
So Renjun stood up and went to the couch, on which Jaemin was sitting, to have this serious conversation.

"Okay, so this is gonna be hard", Renjun took a deep breath, while Jaemin put his phone away to give Renjun his full attention.

"I know about you and Jeno", Renjun blurted out.

"Huh?", Jaemin was confused but then his eyes widened.
"What do you mean?", he asked cautiously.

"Okay, so, in the beginning I just saw the look in your both eyes and I'm not dumb, Jaemin-ah, I had my suspicions.", he now looked in Jaemin's eyes. "But", a gulp, "but last week I saw you two making out."

Jaemin's eyes widened again and his cheeks flushed red. "What?", he screamed.
"When? Where? How?"

"Jaemin-ah, calm down. Take a deep breath", Renjun ordered. And Jaemin did what he got told to do.

"Okay, better?", Renjun asked after a few seconds.

"I think so.", Jaemin mumbled.

"Okay.", Renjun nodded. "First of all, I'm sorry. I mean, obviously I didn't mean to run into you but it happened. And when I saw it, yeah, I was a little bit shocked but on the other hand not that much. It was predictable."

"Oh my god", Jaemin gasped. "Are we that obvious."

"No, no, no", Renjun answered quickly and shook his head.
"It is just. We are living together, working together, eating together. We are practically breathing the same air for almost 24/7."

Jaemin nodded slowly. Trying to understand what was going on at that moment.

"Are you", Renjun looked Jaemin in the eyes "two together?"

Jaemin sadly shook his head.
"No", he breathed out.

"Why not?", Renjun furrowed his brows. "You two obviously love each other. What is stopping you?"

Jaemin scoffed. "Do you realize what life, we are living? In which country, we are living?"

But then Jaemin shook his head laughing. "Actually I don't care. But Jeno does."

Renjun looked at him sympathetically, almost sadly.

But then he laughed quietly. "So he is a coward?"

Jaemin joined his laugh. "Of course he is."

"Idiot.", Renjun mumbled.
Jaemin agreed.

"Yeah, but I can't change his mind", Jaemin shrugged.

Renjun stayed silent, thinking.

"Just- just don't tell anyone.", Jaemin broke the silence.

Renjun looked up at him so fast he almost got whiplash.
"Of course. What are you thinking of me, Jaemin-ah? Your secret will always stay with me."

"Thanks, Renjunie", Jaemin smiled at him.

"We are family. Nothing to thank me for.", Renjun smiled back.

Jaemin was closing his eyes, ready to fall asleep, when his door opened.

Jeno quickly entered and joined him under his duvet.

He took Jaemin in his arms and Jaemin snuggled closer.

Jeno sighed contently, likewise ready to fall asleep.