Chapter 45: To have a crush

Part 1: To have a crush

Chenle looked up to a practicing Jisung a few meters away from his feet.

Even though the promotions to "We Go Up" already began, Jisung wouldn't stop training every single free second, he had.

Chenle was impressed.
And even more so was he lost in the person, who sang and danced in front of him.

Did Jisung become taller? His orange hair looks really good on him. And oh my god, his rap. He is really handsome.
All this were things, Chenle couldn't stop thinking about.

He was in such a trance that he didn't realize that Jisung was smiling at him.

When he got aware of it, he immediately blushed and his heart started beating faster. Just because of a simple smile, Chenle thought.

Jisung came closer and reached his hand out for Chenle.

Chenle was confused at first but then Jisung mentioned for him to take his hand to stand up. "Do you want to practice with me?"

How could Chenle say "no" to these eyes? So he agreed and danced and sang with Jisung.

One time Chenle tripped but his face never touched the ground, since Jisung was there to catch him.

Chenle blushed and mumbled a "thank you" to which Jisung answered with a smile. "You're welcome."

One time Jisung allowed himself to joke around with Chenle and changed the choreo to look at Chenle during his rap part.
Without any idea what it would do to the older boy.

Chenle thought his heart stopped beating for a second because wow, where is my small innocent baby Jisungie?.

Seems like he was nowhere to be found and Chenle knew what that meant: he was screwed.

Because Jisung became more and more confident everyday, and for Chenle this meant he fell more and more in love with the younger.

I mean, how could he not, when the younger came even closer, still rapping and poked Chenle's nose and squeezed his cheeks.

A "you are so cute Chenle-ah", and Chenle was a lost case. How could he ever get back out of this situation: the situation to have a crush.

Part 2: To have a crush on your best friend

And Chenle didn't have just any crush. No, he had a crush on his best friend.
And he got reminded of it all the time.

One time, for example, he waited at the gate of Jisung's school to go home with the younger.

When Jisung came, he wasn't alone.

A boy, just as tall as Jisung, was coming with him.

"Chenle-ah, what are you doing here?", Jisung asked confused, since Chenle came to surprise him.

"Thought I could pick you up from school."

"Oh", Jisung frowned. "That's.... bad? I mean, I am sorry but you see- this is Jisoo", he pointed to the boy next to him. "We have a project together that we wanted to work on today. So I will go home with him."

"Oh", Chenle couldn't hide his disappointment.

"Well yeah", Jisung cleared his throat. "Jisoo, this is Chenle. My best friend."

Of course, Chenle thought, your best friend.

"He often picks me up from school. Just like today", Jisung explained to the other boy.