Chapter 36: Rollercoaster

It was the day Renjun, Chenle, Jisung and Heejin went to Lotte World.

Chenle's emotions were similiair to a rollercoaster.

Everytime Jisung gave him attention they were up high.
But when Jisung's attention belonged to Heejin they were drastically falling.

Chenle knew this was wrong.
Jisung, his best friend, was allowed to have other friends.
But Chenle couldn't help himself.

Heejin never treated him bad, but he just couldn't bring himself to like her.

The whole day he sat next to Jisung or next to Renjun in the rollercoasters.

But when they were in line for another rollercoaster, something unexpected happened.

"Do you want to sit next to me, Chenle-Oppa?", Heejin asked with her cute smile.

Chenle maybe wasn't really fond of her but not offering her to call him 'Oppa' would have been just weird.

"I-I- are you sure?", Chenle asked nervously.

"Of course I am. I think it would be fun.", Heejin still smiled sweetly and Chenle couldn't help himself.

"Okay. Then, yes", he was just a too nice person.

So this time, Chenle sat next to Heejin.

And....

And it wasn't too bad.

It was actually fun sitting next to Heejin.

She made Chenle laugh, even though this rollercoaster was rather scary.

Maybe. Just maybe, Chenle could try to like her.
Just for Jisung.

After some more rides the group wanted to eat.

Soon they found a place, where everyone was happy with the offered food.

Renjun and Heejin had to go to the toilet, so Chenle and Jisung already went in line to order without them.

Jisung seemed a little bit pale in the face and since they were alone, Chenle finally dared to ask.

"Are you really fine with riding all these rollercoaster? I know you are not the biggest fan of them.", Chenle softly said.

"Y-yes, I am fine", Jisung tried to look confident.

But Chenle didn't believe him.

He sighed deeply and looked at Jisung.
"Are you trying to impress Heejin?"

Jisung's eyes widened and he looked so quickly at Chenle that Chenle was afraid that Jisung got whiplashed.

"N-no", Jisung answered with a red face, only confirming Chenle in his suspicion.

If only the older would know that Jisung wasn't trying to impress Heejin but the older himself.

But Chenle didn't know this. So he rolled his eyes and sighed a "sure", ending this conversation.

Back in time than Renjun was returning and a few minutes later also Heejin came back.

They ate the food, while telling jokes and making each other laugh.

They were so hungry that the food was gone in seconds. Or that was what it felt like.
Time always runs, when you have fun and good people around you.

Now Chenle and Jisung got the need to go to the toilet, so they did.
Leaving Renjun and Heejin behind.

"So", Renjun finally tried to ask the question, he had in his mind all day long. "None of your friends had time this weekend for you?"