Chapter 7: I told you

"Jaemin?", Jeno asked in a serious tone. "What are you doing?"

"I told you.", Jaemin answered and crawled under Jeno's blanket.
"If you aren't coming to my bed tonight, I sleep with you on the couch."

Jaemin put an arm over Jeno's torso and snuggeled closer.
"So, here I am.", Jaemin said with a content sigh, after finally feeling Jeno's warmth.

"Jaemin", Jeno scolded, "you just came back from hiatus. Do you really want to hurt your back again, because you sleep on the couch with me?"

"I don't care.", Jaemin mumbled with eyes closed, ready to fall asleep now.

"Urgh, you are really one of the most stubborn people I know." And with that said, Jeno got up from the couch and picked up Jaemin bridal style.

"What are you doing?", Jaemin asked still sleepy.

"Bringing you to your bed.", Jeno simply answered.

Jeno tried to be quiet, so he won't wake up the others.
He opened the door to Jaemin's new bed room and carried Jaemin to his bed.

He carefully laid Jaemin down and made his way to the door.

"No! Stay", Jaemin whined.

"I will. I just need to close the door.", Jeno chuckled slightly.

He quietly closed the door and made his way back to the bed.

"You are really unbelievable", Jeno whispered, while joining Jaemin under his blanket.

"I know", Jaemin mumbled.

"What have you done the year without sleeping next to me?", Jeno asked teasingly.

"I've waited to come back and be able to sleep with you again.", Jaemin put his head on Jeno's chest.

"You know, we can't do this every night?"

"I know.", Jaemin answered. "I just missed you so much. So please, stay this night. I want to wake up in your arms."

"What if the other are waking up before us and they don't find me sleeping on the couch?", Jeno asked and started to play with Jaemin's fingers.

"They won't. They love sleep too much. We probably have to kick them off their bed tomorrow to wake them up.", Jaemin snuggled closer.

"Do you really want me to stay?", Jeno asked unsure.

"You know the answer to that.", Jaemin looked up in Jeno's eyes.

"Yeah, I know", Jeno looked down, in Jaemin's eyes. He started to caress Jaemin's cheek.
Jaemin leaned into the touch.

Jeno left small kisses all over Jaemin's cheeks.
Jaemin giggled and leaned even closer.

"I've missed you a lot too", Jeno admitted.

Jaemin smiled at him. He put his head in the crook of Jeno's neck and left a small kiss there.

"What did you miss most of me?", Jaemin asked with a little smirk.

Jeno rolled his eyes, but chuckled lightly.

"All of you. But especially you getting on my nerves", Jeno said teasingly.

Jaemin hit Jeno's chest lightly.

"No, seriously", Jeno said now with a more sincere voice, "you cheering me up, when I'm done or stressed. Just you being there for me in general. Your hugs. And also being able to talk to you about anything and anytime. I mean, I know, I could still call you, but it is not the same." Jeno nuzzled Jaemin's cheek.

"What did you miss most about me?", Jeno asked after a few minutes silence.

"Your contagious crescent eye smile, you making me laugh, when I'm sad and being able to tease you and make you flustered", Jaemin answered with a little smile.

"Mhh, you missed annoying me.", Jeno scooted a little bit away. "Like I said, you are unbelievable."

"But still, you like me.", Jaemin sing-song.

"Do I?", Jeno asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes. Otherwise we wouldn't be best friends, would we? Because normally people like their friends, and their best friends even more.", Jaemin snuggled again closer to Jeno.

"We should sleep. We have a lot to do tomorrow.", Jeno said while putting an arm over Jaemin's waist.

"Goodnight, Jaeminie."

Jaemin couldn't stop the smile that crept on his face.
"Goodnight, Jeno-ah."

They both slowly fell asleep with thoughts of eachother in their minds.

When Jeno was sure that Jaemin is sleeping in his arms, he whispered the words:

"I love you."

After a night full of dreams of eachother, the next morning Jaemin woke up in Jeno's arms. He smiled, feeling warm and safe.

He looked up to see that Jeno is still sleeping. He sighed. Because he is content of his really well slumber, but also because this whole thing is so complicated.

"I love you", he whispered.

But these three words, again, fell on deaf ears.

After a few minutes Jeno slowly opened his eyes, waking up.

"Morning, sunshine", he mumbled still sleepy.

"Morning", Jaemin giggled.

When Jeno realised what he said, he jumped up.

"F-forget what I-I said", Jeno said in a nervous tone, sitting uncomfortable on the bed. "I was still dreaming."

"And what was your dream about?", Jaemin asked in a slightly seductive voice, leaning closer to Jeno.

"I-I....", Jeno was at a loss for words. He looked anywhere but in Jaemin's eyes.

"We should probably eat breakfast, since we have a tight schedule", Jeno hurried to say, before he got out of the bed and walked to his room, before Jaemin could protest or say anything.

A few minutes later Jaemin, Jeno and the other roommates were sitting at the table, eating breakfast.
Jeno sat opposite of Jaemin and they both kept stealing glances of each other.

They were both deep in their thoughts. So much was going on in their heads.

The other members were talking happily. Even Renjun, who actually is mostly grumpy after waking up, laughed with the two maknaes.

But Jeno and Jaemin weren't part of the conversation. They didn't even pretend to be laughing with the others.

Jaemin nibbled on his lip.
When he looked up, he caught Jeno staring at him. He tried to smile, but Jeno looked away immediately.

They both were thinking. But they were thinking completely different things.

"I need to forget him", thought the one.

"I need to fight for our love, even if I have to risk everything for it", thought the other.