Chapter 61: Our families

Jeno and Jaemin were cuddling on the couch in their living room, while watching a movie.

It was an exhausting day with school, dance practice and a messy dinner because Renjun and Jisung didn't stop arguing about something.

In the end they made up but Jaemin and Jeno were still annoyed during the rest of their dinner.

School would end soon for the couple and with this their final exams were coming.

All this made them craving for some calmness, so they decided to watch some movies before going to bed.

The first movie was almost ending, when Renjun came out of the bedroom and joined them on the other couch.

Also Jisung came a few minutes later.

"Do you want to watch the next movie with us?", Jeno asked the two, his arm wrapped around Jaemin.

Renjun looked up from his phone, "yeah, sure", and also Jisung nodded in confirmation.

"Alright", Jaemin smiled and the four boys decided for a movie.

Jaemin snuggled closer to Jeno, who affectionately kissed his head.

"You two are gross", Renjun pretended to throw up.

"You are just jealous", Jeno winked and sent him a flying kiss.

Renjun laughed, enjoying their teasing and bickering in the dorm.

But Jisung was having trouble smiling over this, because the youngest was indeed jealous.

Jaemin realized something was wrong, knowing the youngest pretty well by now.
"Are you alright, Jisungie?"

Jisung looked up with slightly widened eyes, not having expected someone to give him attention at the moment.
"Yes, I am just tired."

Jaemin gave him a sympathetic smile. "You can already go to bed, if you want to."

But Jisung shook his head. "No, I like it, when we spend time together like this."

"Yeah? Me too.", Jaemin said and looked up to Jeno, who was already looking down at him with love in his eyes.

They quickly pecked each other on the lips before Renjun would tease them again.

The boys continued watching the movie, sometimes talking in between.

Jisung also wasn't really lying, when he said that he was tired because halfway through the movie, he fell asleep on Renjun's shoulder.

Renjun lightly laughed and showed the couple how cute the youngest was.
He even dared to take a selfie from them, without waking the youngest up.

Jaemin was also tired and joined Jisung quickly into dreamland, feeling really comfortable on Jeno's chest.

Jeno had to smile at his cute boyfriend and only shook his head in affection.
He started threading his fingers through the younger's hair, while he continued watching the movie.

When the movie ended, Renjun carefully woke Jisung up so the younger could get ready for bed.

Jeno decided against waking Jaemin up and instead he carried the younger to his room and bed.

He took Jaemin's pyjama out of the closet and carefully changed Jaemin's clothes, trying not to wake him.

They weren't at the point in their relationship, where they had seen each other naked, yet but he only undressed Jaemin till his underwear, so that was okay.

He pushed Jaemin's hair out of his eyes and gave him a final peck on his forehead before leaving the room.

Just as he was about to open the door, Jaemin whined. "Where are you going? Stay the night."

Jeno turned around but Jaemin still had his eyes closed.

"I will. Just wanted to change my clothes and brush my teeth. Is that okay?"

"Not really", Jaemin said with a teasing smile and his eyes now open. "But yeah, go on."

Jeno smiled back. "I will be right back."

"I know you will.", Jaemin answered and so Jeno left the room and closed the door.

It was a few hours later, into the night, when Jeno woke up.
Jaemin was squirming around in his arms, also awake.

"Baby, are you alright?", Jeno whispered and Jaemin looked at him with slightly widened eyes.

"Sorry, did I wake you?"

"It's okay", Jeno only responded. "Why can't you sleep?"

"There is something, I am thinking about these days. It doesn't let me sleep."

"Did something happen?", Jeno was now worried.

"No, don't worry.", Jaemin caressed his cheek and calmed him.
"It is just, we are together for a really long time now. Our first kiss was a year ago and I just-", Jaemin took a deep breath. "I was just wondering, if we could ever tell our families about it. About us."

"Oh", Jeno made a surprised sound.

"Yeah, oh", Jaemin lightly giggled.

Jeno hummed. "Maybe."

"I think that my family could maybe accept me. But I am not really sure. What if they would hate me, when they would know.", Jaemin's voice trembled.

"Hey", Jeno scolded. "Don't say that. Your family could never hate you. I am sure of it.", he gently kissed Jaemin's hair. "You are a good son and even if they wouldn't like that fact about you, they would still love you the same."

"You think so?", Jaemin asked unsure.

"I know it", Jeno answered.

"What is with your family?", Jaemin asked after a few seconds of silence.

"I think my family is the same. I don't know, if they could accept it. But they would always love and support me."

"That is good", Jaemin said softly.
"And no matter what, we will always have each other, right?"

"Of course. Always together", Jeno agreed. "I love you, my baby."

Jaemin smiled. "I love you too."

"We don't have to tell our families now.", Jeno explained. "We have all the time in the world. We could tell them next month, in a year or maybe even in five years. Whenever we are ready."

Jeno made sure that Jaemin was looking at him. "Just remember, our other family knows about it and is still supporting us."

"Our other family?", Jaemin asked confused. "Do you mean the Dreamies?"

"I do.", Jeno answered with a smile.

Jaemin smiled back. "Yes. We are really lucky to have them."

"We are.", Jeno pecked his cheek.

"And I think this is enough for now.", Jaemin said. "In the moment it is enough, if only they know about us. Our family by blood can wait till we are ready. Just like you said."

"Good.", Jeno pecked his lips. "And now, sleep."

"Good night."

"Good night, baby", Jeno whispered into the night, before they fell asleep in each other's arms.

A/n: Hi, sorry that I was gone for so long. I hope that I will update more often again.
But when I was gone, NCT announced there will be NCT 2020 and I am so so happy about it. I've been waiting for this for such a long time. All the members together again ♡.
I am so excited, you too?