Chapter 67: The first time I realized that I am in love with you

It was a few weeks before the big fight of the two youngest.
Jisung and Jeno were alone in the living room, no one else being home.

As soon as Jisung's voice filled up the silent room, Jeno looked up from his laptop.

"When did you know that you've been in love?"

"Huh?", Jeno asked.

"When did you know that you have fallen in love with Jaemin-Hyung?", Jisung whispered.

"Why do you wanna know?", Jeno asked with a small smile.

"I've never been in love. I want to know what it feels like", a little lie.

"Well. I believe I already had feelings for him long before the moment I realized that I was in love with him. But the moment I knew, is one I won't forget that easily."

*Flashback*

It was a few years ago.

No matter how long Jeno tried to deny his feelings after, it was still that one moment, he realized his feelings for the boy, that means the world to him.

The two boys were sitting on a bench, close to the tree their almost had their first kiss under.

Long before they almost had their first kiss.

They were studying for the many exams, which were waiting for them in the next few weeks.

Jaemin explained something to Jeno, but the older was barely listening.

Instead he focused on the way Jaemin held his pen to show Jeno how the task was done.

Instead he focused on Jaemin's smile everytime the younger made sure that Jeno understood what he was saying.

"Does that make sense?"

And Jeno could only nod.

Instead he focused on the fact that Jaemin was wearing his school uniform because the younger forgot to wash his own and how it was way too big for the younger.

Instead he focused on the sparkle in Jaemin's eyes, that he never paid attention to before.

"Are you alright?", Jaemin brought him back to the present.

"Huh? Uh, yeah", Jeno stammered.

Is the sun shining exactly on Jaemin or is he imagining it?

He rubbed his eyes and Jaemin giggled.

"Are you tired? Shall we take a break?", Jaemin asked softly.

"Yeah, I think that is a good idea.", Jeno agreed.

So Jaemin immediately started telling a story.

"You know what Haechan said to me this morning? It was really funny, listen...."

But Jeno slowly lost his concentration

and wait-

Did he really just stare at Jaemin's lips, while the other boy was talking?

"Jeno-ah, are you sure that you are alright?". The younger looked concerned.

"No. I- I am sorry. I guess I am just really tired."

"Okay", Jaemin smiled reassuringly. "Then just promise me to go to bed early tonight"

And how could Jeno ever say no to the other boy. "Okay."

When they walked back to the class room, a girl from their class stopped them.

"Jaemin Oppa, I made this for you. I hope you like it."