Chapter 17: Trouble

It was Mark's time to shoot his scenes for his rap in "Go".

Haechan was in awe. Mark looked so good, rapping his part.

He was now a grown up man, no longer with his 'ramen hair'.

And Haechan was impressed. Mark did a really good job and Haechan didn't know why, but his heart started to beat faster.

Because Mark looked really really good.

And when Mark was over with his shooting, Haechan knew he was in trouble.

Than Mark jumped around while singing the chorus of "Go" with weird voices, and Haechan couldn't stop smiling.

Mark was goofy and then Haechan knew, he was in deep shit.

Because he realized he fell in love with his best friend.

Not just his best friend but with Mark.

Mark, the guy, who is the completely opposite of gay.
Mark that would refuse every kind of skinship till a few weeks ago.
Mark, who was too good to be true.
Mark, the one, who could never feel the same.

Haechan was in deep trouble.

He lived in a country, where this relationship wouldn't be accepted.
Especially since they were idols.
Not that it would matter anyways.

Because Mark could never feel the same.

And, oh, how Haechan knew that he was in deep shit.

Especially since his heart wouldn't stop beating so fast.
And this although Mark seemed like the weirdest guy on earth right now.

How could he be so cute, while goofying around like that?

God, Haechan didn't know what to do.

I mean, Haechan loved teasing Mark. But he promised himself to never catch feelings for the latter.

Well, mission failed.

And now Haechan walked around the set, confused, without a plan, how to get out of this situation.

He saw Jeno, Renjun and Mark talking with each other, but he didn't really feel like taking a part in this conversation.

The Chensung couple also got lost a few minutes ago, so Haechan thought about finding Jaemin.

But before he even had the chance to start his search, Jaemin passed Haechan with an angry face and walked straight to Jeno.

When he reached the other guy, he grabbed his wrist and then they both were also gone.

This was the reason, why Haechan was now sitting alone on a bench, somewhere on the set.

He took his phone out to send his mom a message, saying that he was fine in Los Angeles and had a lot of fun.

Just when he pressed send, an arm wrapped around his shoulder.

When he looked up, he didn't saw the boy, he hoped to see.

"Renjun?", Haechan asked.

"Is it so bad to see me?", Renjun chuckled.

"No, of course not. I am just surprised to see you. You were talking with the others just a few seconds ago.", Haechan gave him a smile.

"Yes, but Mark said he needed to go to the bathroom and Jeno got dragged away by Jaemin, so I was alone. Why didn't you join us?", Renjun asked with a little worry in his voice.

"Don't know. Just needed some time alone.", Haechan shrugged.

Renjun hummed. "Well I have to shoot my part soon. Are you coming to watch?"

"Mhhh, what do I get from it?", Haechan said in an acted thinking tone.

"Brat", Renjun jokingly pushed Haechan and slapped his shoulder.

They both started laughing.

"What is so funny?", Mark said, who walked to them.

"Nothing, Haechan is just mean, like always.", Renjun answered with a smile.

"That's not true. I am a nice person. Aren't I, Mark-Hyung?", Haechan asked and looked up to Mark.

What a mistake, because now his breath was caught away.

Why did Mark had to look so good in his outfit?

"Haechanie, you know I am not allowed to lie.", Mark said teasing, which made Haechan pout and Renjun snicker.

"I'm just teasing", Mark added, while caressing over Haechan's cheek.

Okay, Haechan now officially lost his mind, while Renjun's eyes widened, since he is not used to the new affectionate Mark.

But Renjun quickly calmed down. "I have to go now, preparing for my scenes. So are you guys coming to watch me shooting them?", Renjun asked with hopeful eyes.
Who could say no to them?

"Of course we are", Mark said and nudged Haechan in the side. "Right, Haechanie?"

Haechan blushed. He was not used to Mark calling him "Haechanie" on a regular basis.

"Ehm, yeah sure.", Haechan said, a little confused.

"Great. Then see you soon.", Renjun waved and left.

"So, now only us two are left, huh?", Mark said smiling and sat next to Haechan, on the place Renjun sat before.

But Mark sat a lot closer than Renjun.

"Yeah, only us two", Haechan chuckled nervously.

"I love to be here with you. I mean ,us Dreamies are able to be in LA and live our dreams. Isn't that amazing?", Mark said with a sparkle in his eyes.

"Yes, it is", Haechan smiled. He couldn't help himself.
When Mark was extremly happy, then he was too.

"Oh, you have an eyelash there, wait", Mark said and reached his hand out but Haechan backed away.

"Hey, suddenly afraid of my touches?", Mark chuckled. Haechan shook his head.

"Wait", Mark continued in a softer voice. "I just want to grant you this wish."

He took the eyelash from Haechan's cheek on his finger and hold it to Haechan's lip. "Blow and wish for something.", Mark smiled.

"The thing, I am really wishing for, will never come true", Haechan thought, but he closed his eyes nonetheless and wished for a smaller thing to come true.

"There you go", Mark laughed and when Haechan opened his eyes, he found Mark looking back in his.

"Haechanie, I want to tell you something.", Mark said nervously.

"Mhh", Haechan hummed.

"I know you forgave me and everything, but I still feel a litte bit bad for everything I put you through. I just want to remind you that you are my best friend, no matter what happens. I hope you know that you can always count on me. And I can't wish for any better best friend than you.", Mark said honestly and hugged Haechan.

Ouch, that hurt more than it should have.

Haechan sighed but hugged Mark back.

"Thank you. I know, how hard it is for you to say this things, so thank you", Haechan forced a smile.

He should be happy. He and Mark were the closest they have ever been, so why did it hurt so much?

"Should we go and watch Renjun?", Mark asked and offered his hand to Haechan.

Haechan gladly accepted it and intertwined their fingers. "Yeah, let's go."

It was a new and weird feeling to have Mark so close. That Mark was the one, who would initiate skinship. And that really often.

But Haechan wouldn't complain. Than he loved it too much.