Chapter 23: Unexpected

Mark felt bad.

The last weeks he was a really shitty friend towards Haechan.
He wanted to make up for this.

So he planned to spend their day off together. He wanted to make the day to a day full of fun and appreciation for the Full Sun Boy.

He planned to go to an amusement park.

They both wore a cap, a mask, and clothes, they would normally not wear, to not get recognized by a lot of people.

Mark wanted some privacy and alone time with his best friend.

And it worked really well.

The amount of peole, that recognized them, could be counted with one hand.

It was a good day.

But Haechan often found himself staring at Mark, when the older boy would tell him a funny story with a big smile on his face.

Haechan loved that smile. And the boy to who that smile belonged.

After some time, they found themselves again sitting in a roller coaster.

But this one made Haechan nervous. He didn't know, why he got so scared. Maybe because it is one of the fastest attractions in the park or because of the many loopings.

All he knew was that he started shaking slightly.

And then his breath hitched and his heart started beating faster.

But not because the roller coaster was about to start.

No.

It was because Mark had taken his hand and was holding it know.

"Don't be nervous", he whispered in the red hair's ear.

"I-I'm not", Haechan stuttered.

"Mhhh. Then why are you stuttering?", Mark teased. Not knowing, that he was the reason for Haechan's loss of words.

Mark laughed silently and Haechan tried to relax.

But it was really hard, when he still could feel Mark's warmth.

He was close. Too close.

Haechan wanted to run away, but he didn't even get the chance, when the roller coaster suddenly started moving.

Haechan only tightened his grip on Mark's hand, which made the latter chuckle, obviously amused by the younger's suffering.

Haechan didn't know how, but he survived the ride.
Survived holding Mark's hand for such a long time.

The loss of warmth, when Mark let go, almost made Haechan whine.

But he got enough self-control to not embarrass himself further.

They went to buy some HotDogs and ate them on a small bench.

An old couple came with their grandchildren to sit down, so Haechan and Mark scooted closer to each other.

The new people took so much space, that Haechan was almost sitting in Mark's lap.
Not that he would mind this, but it still made his cheeks flush.

Mark leaned closer and Haechan could feel Mark's breath close to his ear.

"Is that okay for you or should we find another bench?", he whispered.

Haechan turned his face to look at Mark.

What a mistake.

Their noses brushed and Haechan no longer felt Mark's breath on his ear but instead on his lips.