Chapter 65: My superhero, my soulmate

NCT 127 was in North America for their first tour outside of Asia.
Also they had a comeback with Superhuman.

Mark and Haechan had finally talked about their feelings.

But they still weren't together.

Since Mark was still scared, something Haechan could understand, they decided to approach it slowly. Step by step. But for Mark it was more like babysteps. He really needed his time to be the perfect boyfriend for Haechan.

So they weren't official yet but sometimes, when no one was looking, they both would steal kisses from each other.

Sometimes, while they were watching a movie with all the 127 or Dream members and Mark sat next to Haechan under a blanket, the older even dared to be brave enough to hold Haechan's hand.

Haechan thought it was cute.
He could wait as long as necessary, when he would finally get Mark in the end.
Because the wait would be worth it.
Would be worth of what he would get.
Pure love. From the boy, he probably was in love with since they were kids.

Haechan would always blush, when Mark whispered in his ear how good he looked or when the older pretended to be really tired during a dance practice break, so he could lean on the tanned boy.

All in all, they maybe weren't together officially but they were happy.
They had each other just without a label.

And in the beginning that was fine.
But as time passed Haechan wanted more.

The shooting for the "Superhuman" MV began.

There was a little scene, during Mark and Johnny's rap, where their faces came really close.

It took them some time to shoot it because Mark was gay panicking most of the time.

Haechan watched them but he was far from being jealous.
Instead he laughed almost all the time because the two were just too cute, especially Mark and his gay panicking.

Haechan mostly didn't felt jealous over others because he trusted Mark that he was the only one the older wanted.
Maybe they weren't together but Mark was showing him that everyday.

But sadly the same thing couldn't be said about Mark.

Mark is not a jealous type in general. But the fact that they weren't together officially was making him feel insecure.
Mark knew it was his own fault. He was the one, who still wanted to wait but his feelings didn't really care about that.

He became slightly more possessive. Everytime he saw Haechan being touchy with someone else, something completely normal for Haechan, Mark felt really uncomfortable deep inside.

But he didn't want to forbid Haechan to be close to others. Mark wasn't a guy like that. He knew that Haechan got his energy from being with others and Mark would never stop him from that. But it still hurt from time to time.

So Mark simply asked Haechan, if he could do it less in front of him. Not stopping in general, just not doing it in front of Mark's eyes all the time.
And of course Haechan could only agree, since he never wanted Mark to be upset or sad because of that.

It was another concert day.
Haechan was getting ready in his hotel room to go to the final practice in a few minutes.
He was sharing a room with Doyoung, who already left.

Just as he tied his shoelaces, there was a knock on his door.

"Haechanie, are you ready?", he heard Mark's morning voice, indicating that Mark also didn't wake up long ago.

"Yes, give me just one more minute", Haechan called back and grabbed his backpack and jacket. A big smile was on his face because Mark was picking him up. Again.