Chapter 50: Mixed feelings

Mark knew he shouldn't.

But when he held it in his hands, he just couldn't resist.

He accidentally found it. He didn't even knew the younger had something like this.

But in his hands was the diary of Haechan.

And Mark knew how bad it would be, if he would open it and read it.

And everything in Mark screamed at him to not do it.

Except one little part. And that little part was stronger than the rest.

A few weeks before:

Haechan became really frustrated about his feelings.

He had to live with the person, he was in love with. He had to work with this person. He was friends with this person.
In other words, he saw this person almost all the time.

And it was killing him.

He needed to talk about it.

So soon, he found himself on Jaemin's bed, talking with the younger.

"It is driving me crazy. He is driving me crazy.", Haechan was just so frustrated.

"I know. Believe me. Before I knew for sure that Jeno has been feeling the same for me, I felt just like you", Jaemin caressed Haechan's arm.

"I know.", Haechan sighed. "But Jeno at least loves you back. Something that Mark never will."

Jaemin sighed. He knew that Haechan's words held some truth in them.
They should be optimistic but would it be worth it, if in the end, Haechan's heart would only be more broken.

Because Jaemin could see that Haechan honestly was in love with Mark.
But he couldn't say the same about the older.

"Haechanie, that maybe sounds weird for you but do you know what you should do?", Haechan only looked at him.

"Write your feelings down.", Jaemin explicated.

"Like in a diary?", Haechan scoffed.

"Yes, kind of like that. It doesn't need to be a diary though. A sheet of paper is also okay. Or a notebook. But you are an idol. You know how a lot of singers write down their feelings in a song. You don't need to write a song, of course. But just writing down your feelings can be- how do I say this? Healing? It can help you dealing with them better.", Jaemin explained in a soft voice.

"Maybe", Haechan said. "Maybe you are right. I will try. Thank you."

"No problem. Remember, Jeno and I are always here, if you need to talk.", Jaemin hugged Haechan, who reciprocated the hug.

"Yes, I know. Thank you. I really appreciate that.", they smiled at each other.

A few days later, Haechan was sitting in his room alone. He had a little notebook in front of him and a pen in his hand.

"Okay, Haechan. You can do it", he said to himself and took a deep breath, before he carefully pressed the pen down and wrote the first letter.

Haechan's first diary entry:

Hello.

Do you start like this? Actually I have no idea.

Well, a friend of mine gave me the advice to write down my feelings. So that is what I am doing right now.

My feelings, hmm.

My feelings are actually pretty complicated.
Or in deep shit if you want to say it like this.