Chapter 39: A happy day for Chenle by Jisung

It was a random day after the promotions for NCT 2018 ended.

Jisung decided that now that the stress was over and Chenle's nightmares faded, he should surprise the older with a happy day.

To make him completely happy.
Because Chenle deserved it after all the hard work.

"Here wear this", Jisung said and throw a hat, sunglasses and a mask at Chenle.

Chenle tried to catch the things but failed.

"Why?", he asked, when he picked up the stuff from the floor.

"Because we are going out today.", Jisung explained nonchalantly.

"Out?", Chenle asked yet again confused.

"Yes", Jisung nodded. "I thought some fresh air would be good for us."

"O-kay?", Chenle didn't really understand where this was going.

"You will see", Jisung smiled.

And Chenle smiled back, because what else was he supposed to do?

"Will you now tell me what the basket is for?", Chenle asked, when they were leaving through the door.

"Can't you let yourself get surprised?", Jisung asked back.

"Fine", Chenle admitted defeat.

They went to the park, close to their dorm.

It wasn't a big nor famous park, so they were only a few people.

"What are we doing here?", Chenle asked and looked around.

Spring was going around for some weeks now and the summer would come soon.
Even though almost all of the Cherry Blossoms have faded, the other trees and flowers were still blooming beautifully.

"We will just enjoy the day.", Jisung smiled and looked at Chenle. "You need it."

Chenle smiled back, thankful that Jisung is doing that for him.

Soon, they found the perfect place to sit down on the grass.

Jisung opened his backpack and got out a blanket.

Hey layed it on the ground and gestured for Chenle to sit down, what the latter did.

"Oh my god, look at all the food", Chenle said with wide eyes, when Jisung opened the basket.

"Are we having a picnic?", Chenle asked excited.

Jisung only looked up smiling and winkend.

Chenle squeaked happily and Jisung's smile became even wider.

"I haven't had a picnic since ages. Thank you, Jisungie."

"I know. So that is why I thought this would be a good idea. I'm glad that you like it.", Jisung smiled equally bright.

"Love it."

"What?", Jisung asked confused.

"I love the idea.", Chenle smiled so happily at him that Jisung kind of felt proud. Proud that he could make Chenle smile like that.

"I know it isn't really a special thing to do but I know how much you loved to go to the park, when the weather became warmer. And I also know how much you love food", Jisung chuckled lightly.

"Yes.", Chenle's smile just couldn't be wiped off. "I even prefer it that way. This kind of makes me feel normal, if you know what I mean." Jisung nodded. "I feel like a normal boy again, who can just enjoy a normal boring day in the park. Thank you, Jisungie. Really thank you." Chenle put his hand on Jisung's thigh and smiled up at him to show that he really meant these words.