Chapter 38: A new but oblivious Mark

Actually it was not true that nothing changed after the almost kiss.

Mark was pretty shocked after it happened.

When he let go of Haechan and went to the others for the last scene he asked himself: "What just happened?"

Mark didn't know it back then. But it was the first little thing that changed everything.

Over the next months Mark became more open to Haechan's skinship.

Sure, he allowed him to be more touchy a long time ago, but it is always easier said than done.

But he not only got more comfortable with Haechan's affection, no, he also found himself being more often touchy towards the tanned boy.

He felt good, when he was with Haechan.
The younger made him smile. Made him laugh. Made him happy.

He didn't understand, what was going on with his heart.
But he didn't dislike it, not completely at least.

So that was why he let the things happen, like they did.

In the last months Mark took a lot of chances to be close to Haechan.

But he never questioned it.
Than he knew, if he did, he maybe would realize something, he wouldn't like.
So he just pretended that everything was normal.

And for Mark it was.

Haechan was still his best friend.
He would always be his best friend.

Because Mark loved Haechan.

But not in that way. He could never love him in that way.
Or could he?

Because sometimes, when it was late late in the night, he asked himself, what he was even doing?

And sometimes for a split second, he knew.
But it never really came to the surface.

And that is why Mark was oblivious. And he would be for a long time.
Maybe forever.

Because skinship is just skinship.
And it is normal between friends, right?

At least that was what Haechan always told him, when Mark was angry about his skinship in the old days.

And it was also what Mark told himself, when he became extremly addictive to Haechan's touches and when the urge to touch Haechan grew.

For instance, at the nights they would watch movies with all of their Hyungs from 127.

Mark secretly would let his hand rest om Haechan's thigh under the blanket, when he was sitting next to the younger.

In the first second, the older would feel Haechan tense up, but a breath later he always relaxed.

Sometimes Mark even let his hand wander. Caressing Haechan's thigh softly, giving the younger goosebumps without even knowing it.

Sometimes Haechan would look down on the hand on his thigh, sometimes he would just ignore it and pretend that his only focus was the movie.
And sometimes, when he was brave enough, he would put his hand over Mark's and intertwine their fingers. And when he got lost in his thoughts, his thumb caressed Mark's hand.

But Mark didn't mind.
Actually he loved it. He didn't understand it but he knew for sure that he didn't want these feelings to stop. Ever.

Another thing that changed was that Mark didn't mind Haechan's cheek kisses anymore.

He couldn't believe it himself.

But he let Haechan steal kisses more often.

And he didn't despise it anymore.
Even though he would never admit it and show it in front of a camera.