Chapter 14: We are touching each other

It was touch era.

And Haechan was back to his normal teasing self.

Trying to give Mark cheek kisses, who pushed him away, like a real panicked gay would do. Making the fans laugh.

The good old times were back and the two of them couldn't feel any better.

Mark also got a little bit closer to Haechan.
He would touch Haechan's thighs more often, without even realizing it.

Haechan often leaned his head on Mark's shoulder and Mark didn't stop him. He didn't want to.
Because first, he was afraid, if he would push him away again, they would became distant again. And Mark didn't want this.
And second, Mark actually liked it. He liked having Haechan close again. And he would beat himself up, if he was going to screw that again.

They were happy. And that is all that matters.

The "Touch" MV had a cute concept and Mark couldn't help himself but coo over Haechan, even tho he would never admit it.

Haechan loved seeing Mark smiling again. He loved having his old Mark back. Although, it was not completely the old Mark.

This Mark was more touchier. And with that I mean, he not only didn't push Haechan away all the time, but instead he let him do his teasing as Haechan pleased.
No, he also started to touch Haechan by himself, like stroking Haechan's thigh. But Haechan didn't mind. Actually, he really liked it.

Even when he got nervous because of it infornt of the cameras and because this Mark was confusing him a little bit. But still, this Mark is a lot better than the distant one.

And Haechan also loved being able to steal some cheek kisses from Mark, when there was no camera.
Even when his heart sometimes skipped a beat and he felt weird.
Than it was a good kind of weird.

Mark tried to be more open with Haechan, because he knew Haechan loved skinship.
And if that made his Haechanie happy, than he would try.

So Mark allowed Haechan to cuddle him, when they were watching a movie alone or letting Haechan lean his head on his shoulder, when they were watching TV with the other members.

And the next day, Mark would still be there. He didn't became distant again. No, if possible, this skinship only brought them closer.

Maybe this argument, which they had, was actually a good thing.
Because now they were the closest they have ever been.
And they were happier, a lot happier.

And that was good.

And also the other members realized their happiness.

"You look happy, Mark. You smile more often these days.", Yuta said one day.

"I am.", was Mark's answer.

Because he truly was.

And also Jaehyun noticed that Haechan didn't have any more tear stains on his cheeks.

"Is everything alright again? With the thing you couldn't tell me about?", Jaehyun asked Haechan, when they were lying in their beds one night.

Haeachan looked up from his phone, frowning.

"Oh", he smiled. "Yes. Everything is perfectly fine again."

Jaehyun nooded.

Haechan looked at him with soft eyes.
"And again, thanks for being there for me. It really helped me a lot."

"Of course, silly thing. I will always be there for you." And with that Jaehyun stood up and walked over to Haechan.

Haechan already awaited him with open arms and then they hugged each other tight.

None of them wanted to let go, so Jaehyun crawled under Haechan's duvet and they cuddled through the night.

But they both forgot to set an alarm, what led to them oversleeping.

And when Mark opened the door to wake them up, since no one reacted to his knocks, his stomach made a weird twist at the picture in front of him.

But this was soon forgotten, when he saw Haechan's pout and morning hair.
And god, can this boy even look cuter?

Mark coughed slightly. And because still none of them was moving, he screamed a "Wake up", which made both of the sleeping boys jump up and look at Mark with wide eyes.

"What the hell?", Jaehyun groaned.

"I'm sorry, but you guys are late, and we need to leave soon. So hurry up." Mark turned around and left the room.

"Did he look angry or am I still not fully awake?", Jaehyun asked a slightly afraid Haechan. Because Haechan had the same thought.
And he really didn't want an angry Mark again.

But when they were in the same car on the way to work, Mark talked to him like on any other day and Haechan was calm again.

Everything was alright.

At work Haechan got the urge to get some fresh air, when he saw Mark flirting with a female staff member.

He sat on a bench outside and froze a little bit, since it was already late evening. They worked the whole day and even the sun was already gone.

"Is everything alright?", he heard a voice behind him.
He didn't need to turn around. He knew to whom the voice belongs to.

"Yes. Just needed some fresh air. The work all day made me exhausted." Haechan felt Mark sitting next to him on the bench.

Haechan looked at Mark and offered him a small smile.

"That is good.", Mark smiled back. "You know, if you ever feel sad or bad, you can come to me. I will always be there for you. Even if I wasn't a really good friend the last weeks."

"I know. Thank you.", Haechan leaned his head on Mark's shoulder.
He had to. He needed to smell Mark's scent and feel his warmth.

And Mark didn't push him away. It felt good like this.

"Oh, look at all the stars", Mark's eyes were glued to the sky.

Haechan looked up and smiled. "It is really beautiful."

"Just like you", Mark thought, but he didn't dare to say it out loud.

After some minutes of star gazing, Mark heard Haechan faintly snoring.

He looked down and smiled. Haechan fell asleep.

They stayed like this for a few more minutes, Mark not wanting to wake Haechan up.

But after some time, the staff member, to which Mark earlier talked to, came outside.

"Hey, I don't want to bother you, but the other members are waiting for you. They want to leave."

"Oh yeah, I will just wake him up. Thank you."

The staff bowed and was already opening the door, when she stopped.

"You two are really cute together. Thanks for cheering me up earlier that day. I was really down and you made me smile again with Haechan's funny jokes."

"I would have told you my own jokes, but I'm not really funny.", Mark laughed.

"I know. But it is good that you have him. Don't loose him.", and with one final smile, she was gone through the door.

"I won't", Mark said to himself. And he meant it.