Chapter 57: Dancer Jisung and Supporter Chenle

2018 was ending.
Four months and it would be three years with NCT.

2018 was a great year for NCT and fans.

We got new members.
A lot of Vlives with mixed members from different units.
A lot of comebacks.
Yearbook.
And not to forget: NCT 2018.

It was one day before the year was ending, when Chenle and Jisung were lying in the older's bed.

Chenle didn't had another nightmare or anything.
It was just a chilly afternoon and the boys wanted to spend some time together.
So to warm up they decided to lay down and find warmth under a blanket.

"2018 is really ending, wow", Jisung said, after they had watched their performance at the 2018 SBS Kpop Awards.

"Right? It was such a good year. I will miss it.", Chenle agreed.

"But a great future lies ahead of us, so let's not be sad.", Jisung tried to cheer them up.

"True. If it is as good as 2018 or even better, we don't have to worry about anything. But I will miss Mark to be honest. When the clock strikes 12 tomorrow, he will no longer be a part of Dream.", Chenle suddenly felt really sad.

Jisung put an arm around the smaller and pulled him closer. "That's not true. He will always be a part of dream. Deep down here.", Jisung put his hand over Chenle's heart.
That made Chenle smile and Jisung smiled back.

"He will always be part of Dream. For us and for the fans. No matter what the future holds.", Jisung continued. "And don't become sad. I don't like to see you sad. You should smile. Remember all the good things of this year." Jisung changed their position, so he was looking down at Chenle.

"We had two great comebacks with Dream. Even a station at the end of this year. And we were part of NCT 2018, what also gave us another cool song with an even cooler choreography.", Jisung was happy, when he saw that he brought a smile back on Chenle's face.

"That is all true. But you forgot something.", Chenle said and pulled Jisung down to lie next to him again.

"Huh?", Jisung was confused but he let Chenle pull him closer.

"You were part of 'Dancing High'. And that was really amazing and impressive, if you ask me."

Jisung blushed and Chenle loved to see it.

"You are a really great dancer, Jisungie.", Chenle didn't want to stop to compliment the younger and to make him blush.

"Yeah?", Jisung couldn't hide the smile that spread over his face.

"Yes. I am really proud of you, Jisung-ah." Chenle giggled, when Jisung hid in his chest.

A few seconds of silence followed and Chenle started to play with Jisung's hair.

"Thank you for always being there for me and for supporting me.", Jisung said into the silence. "You have no idea, how thankful I really am.", he looked up to Chenle, who smiled at him.

"Always for you.", was Chenle's only answer.

*Flashback*

Chenle jumped from the living room couch, when he heard that the door was opened.

"And? How was it? Did you make it? Jisungie, did you got in the Top 10?", Chenle didn't even let the boy come through the door, before he was bombarding him with questions.

Chenle was totally giggly. He believed in Jisung so much and he just hoped the younger had some good news.

But Chenle's smile got wiped away, when he saw the sad smile on Jisung's face.

"Don't tell me-", but Chenle couldn't even finish his sentence.

Jisung was jumping high in the air and shouted: "I got in. I made it."

He went over to Chenle and hugged him tightly. "I am now a part of 'Dancing High', Chenle-ah".

"I am so so proud of you.", Chenle hugged him just as tight back.

Chenle always believed in Jisung.

It was some days later.

The three oldest went shopping, leaving Chenle and Jisung at home alone.

Chenle played some games on his phone, when Jisung left their room.

A lot of time passed and Jisung hadn't come back.

At first, Chenle thought that Jisung went into the living room to watch some TV but it was completely silent in the dorm except the sounds, which came from Chenle's phone.

Jisung also couldn't have gone into the kitchen to eat since they just had lunch.

So Chenle had a feeling something was wrong and stood up.

He went into the living room and the kitchen, even Jaemin's room, but Jisung was nowhere to be found.

So there was only one option left.

"Jisungie, are you in here?", he knocked at the bathroom door.

And then Chenle got panicked because all he could hear was crying.

"Jisungie, I will open the door and come in, okay?", Chenle said softly and carefully opened the door.

In front of Chenle was a crying Jisung, who looked to the floor to avoid looking at the older.

Chenle immediately went over to Jisung and pulled him in a tight hug.

"Hey, look at me. What is wrong?", Chenle asked and caressed Jisung's hair.

Jisung carefully looked up.

"What is, if I am not good enough?", Jisung sobbed.

"Not good enough for what?", Chenle still held Jisung tightly but also looked him in the eyes.

"What if I am not as good as the other dancers? What if I will be a complete failure?", more tears rolled down Jisung's face and the younger hid his face in Chenle's shoudler.

"Hey, where are these thoughts coming from? Jisungie, you are one of the greatest dancer, I know. You even led 17 men, who have been older than you, during 'Black on Black'. You won't be a failure. Do you hear me? Please, don't ever think that."

Chenle didn't know where this insecurity came from but he didn't care. All that mattered was giving Jisung some confidence again.

And it worked.

"Do you really mean these words?", Jisung leaned back to look Chenle in the eyes and see that he was sincere.

"When did I ever lie to you?", Chenle wiped the younger's tears away.

"Thank you", Jisung said and a small smile could be seen.

"I am just saying the truth."

And Jisung would always believe Chenle's words.

And so they were holding each other without knowing what the future would bring.

Not knowing about Jisung's great performances with "This is me", "Barcode" and "Now you can cry", that would happen in the future.

But that wasn't a problem because in that moment only them mattered.

*Flashback end*

When Jisung looked down at Chenle, he found the smaller sleeping.

He smiled to himself and gave him a kiss on his forehead.

"I love you", Jisung whispered.

But Chenle didn't hear.