Chapter 29: On

Haechan ruffled Mark's hair.

Mark looked at him with raised eyebrows but a big smile.

"You are doing great.", Haechan said.
"As always", he added under his breath.

"Thank you", Mark answered, his smile became unbelievable bigger.

"You are a really great rapper.", Haechan continued and Mark started to blush.

"What is with these compliments so suddenly?", Mark asked but in a not at all complaining voice.

"I don't know. I just thought you should hear it.", Haechan slowly pulled his hand back. He was becoming insecure because of the way, Mark looked at him.

But Mark chased after his hand, catching it with his own.

"Why have you been so nervous these days? Your skinship with me is slowly fading.", Mark rubbed gently over Haechan's fingers.
"And you promised me you wouldn't change it."

"Why is it so important to you? You don't even like it", Haechan whispered back.

"Because it is important to you", Mark squeezed Haechan's hand.

Haechan looked up in Mark's eyes, that were already waiting for him.

"Yes it is. But if you feel uncomfortable I don't have to-"

"Stop", Mark cut Haechan softly off and shook his head. "Don't say stupid things. I don't feel uncomfortable. I'm just not used to it. That's all."

Mark took a deep breath.

"We just grew up and you started to become more and more affectionate. It has been all new to me. I'm not familiar with guys being like this. But I don't feel uncomfortable, when you do it. Really."

Haechan looked at their intertwined hands and sighed.
"I know, I just thought-"

"Just stop thinking", Mark cut him off again.
"You will know, when you are really going too far and do something I don't like."

"But what if the simplest touch is even too far. Maybe you wouldn't want it, if you would know.", Haechan mumbled the last part but Mark still heard him.

"What do you mean?", he asked confused.

But before Haechan could answer Mark was called by the staff.

"They need you to record your part.", Haechan said while avoiding Mark's eyes.

"I know. I should better go then?", Mark said but it sounded more like a question.

"Yes you should."

Mark reluctantly let go of Haechan's hand and left for his close-up shoot.

When Mark was done he tried to find the younger again.

It was not that Mark necessarily needed to see him, but he thought that Haechan had more to say earlier.
Which was true. Haechan really had more to say. It was just that it wasn't meant to be for Mark's ears.

He found Haechan playing around with Winwin and Chenle.

Again a tight feeling got in his chest but Mark couldn't explain why.
Haechan was just having fun. Where would be the problem?

Chenle went to Jisung, who looked a little bit lost, while Winwin went to Yuta, who had called him.

Now it was the perfect time for Mark to go to him but Johnny was quicker.

"Haechan get over here", he shouted and Haechan immediately went to him.

Mark didn't know, what Johnny wanted from Haechan but he saw how Johnny showed him something on the phone and then both started laughing like crazy.

Mark was really curious and wanted to go over to them to ask them, but before he could move, he felt an arm was lying over his shoulder.

He looked to the owner of the arm and saw Jaehyun smiling at him.

"Everything alright, buddy?", Jaehyun teased.

"Yes", Mark smiled back.
"Just exhausted. This shoot is so hard and seems never ending.

"Oh yeah, I know exactly what you mean.", Jaehyun gave him a sympathetic smile.

"Yeah. And also the shoots are neverending. I mean I love to make music, and having such a big album with everyone is great but also really stressful and I just need sleep.", Mark sighed.

"Yeah, I get that. I am not even close to how much work you do so I can't even imagine how tired and exhausted you are.", Jaehyun sighed too.

And Mark thought this is maybe the reason, why he clinged to Haechan recently.

He needed energy and Haechan always would give him energy.
Especially with his soft touches.

When Haechan played with Mark's hair earlier, he immediately felt a lot better. But when he had to leave, his whole body started to hurt again.

When Haechan was giving him affection, his eyes started to get heavy. But not because he was too exhausted and needed sleep.
No, it was more because he felt so comfortable and safe in Haechan's arms that sleeping seemed a lot more easier despite all the stress.

When Jaehyun left and he looked in Haechan's direction again, he found the younger talking to Lucas and Jungwoo.

He decided to join them.

He walked over to them and immediately got greeted by the others.

"Mark-bro", Lucas said with a happy smile and fistbumped him.

"Hey, Markie", Jungwoo said in a teasing and cute voice and also gave him a tiny fistbump.

Haechan just smiled at him and Mark smiled easily back.

"Hey Lucas, how do you feel to have your own part in this song?", Mark asked, trying to start a conversation.

"Absolutely great. Woah- it is amazing", Lucas got really hyped and everyone could see, how he tried to not jump around happily.

"I'm happy for you", Mark smiled.

"Oh, says the one, who also has a great part in the song.", Jungwoo teased.

"I think you both deserve it though", Haechan joined.

"Thanks", both Mark and Lucas said and smiled. But when you looked closely you could also see something else hidden in Mark's smile.

Jungwoo suddenly gasped. "Oh, I forgot to ask Taeil-Hyung something. I have to go."

"Wait I will come with you", Lucas said and in the next second both were gone.

"Seems like we are alone again", Haechan shyly said.

"Hey, why are you saying it like it is something bad?" And in that moment you could see something that was rare on Mark's face. A pout.

"Stop pouting. It doesn't suit you", Haechan said.

"You are mean.", Mark answered.

"Always have been, Mark-Hyung.", Haechan said with a monotone voice but his eyes were playful.

Mark chuckled. "Yes. You have always been a devil."

He put his arm around Haechan, who also started laughing.

Yes, Haechan could be a devil sometimes. But Mark didn't had it in him to ever get rid of this sweet little devil. Not that he wanted to anyways.