Chapter 49: The maknaes

Jaemin and Jeno were cuddling in Jaemin's room.

Jaemin sighed and snuggled closer to Jeno.

Jeno looked down at the younger. "Are you alright?"

Jaemin hummed. "More than you think", he also looked up and at Jeno. "One could say I am even happy.", Jaemin smiled and nuzzled Jeno's chest.

"And what makes you so happy?", Jeno asked and gave Jaemin's head a little kiss.

"I- eh- maybe you don't like it as much but I am really happy that we can share our secret now.", Jaemin looked down again and Jeno silently caressed his hair. "And not only that. But we are also accepted. This is what makes me so happy."

"This makes me happy too", Jeno whispered in Jaemin's ear.

"Yeah?", the younger breathed.

"Yes", Jeno answered.
"And I am happy that you are happy."

Jaemin nodded and sighed again happily.

"What else is in your mind?", Jeno asked the younger, knowing him better than he knew himself.

Jaemin took Jeno's unoccupied hand in his and played with the older's fingers.
"Nothing. Don't worry."

"Since when are we lying?", Jeno teased and tickled Jaemin.

"Stop", the younger laughed and tried to get away from Jeno's hand.

"Then tell me", Jeno laughed too and didn't let the younger get away too far. He stopped tickling Jaemin and instead caressed his sides.

"O-okay, okay", Jaemin tried to breathe again.

"It was just a thought in my head, so please don't get mad", Jaemin said.

"As long as you didn't found someone else or plan to break up with me, I think there would be no reason to get mad.", Jeno kissed Jaemin's head again.

"Maybe", Jaemin took a deep breath.
"So Renjun found out about us and even helped us to become a couple, right?"

Jeno nodded. "Yes, he has supported us since the beginning."

Jaemin nodded too. "Yes. And when Haechan found out, the only reason he was mad, was because Renjun knew about it before him. He even said himself that it doesn't matter who love each other as long as you love honestly."

"This is right", Jeno said and continued caressing Jaemin's hair. "What do you want to say with this?", he asked softly.

Jaemin took a deep breath. "Do you think other people could also accept us?"

"Jaemin", Jeno started but Jaemin cut him off.

"No, no listen. I don't want to shout into a big crowd that I love you and that we are together. Well, I do but I won't because of reasons, we both know. But I have been thinking about telling it to the persons, we are living with.", Jaemin took another deep breath. "Do you think Jisung and Chenle could accept us?"

Jeno hummed in thought.

"Maybe", he said softly, after a few seconds of silence.

"It is just", Jaemin sighed. "If we tell them, we don't have to be together in secret. At least not at home."

"Yeah, I understand you. But I am just unsure.", Jeno admitted.

"We- we don't have to, I just thought about it. No pressure. It was just a thought, okay?", Jaemin spoke so quickly, he almost stumbled over his words.

Jeno lightly chuckled. "Okay", another kiss in Jaemin's hair.

"I like the curly hair, you have today. You should wear your hair more often like that.", Jeno whispered, what made Jaemin smile.