Chapter 47: Jealousy

So now also Haechan knew about Jaemin and Jeno.

And Haechan was really good with keeping secrets. He really was.

But the urge to talk with someone about the two boys in love became really big, so that, not long after, he found himself in a corner with Renjun, gossiping about the couple.

He and Renjun often would made jokes about the two boys, who were so often in their own world that they wouldn't be aware of anything, that was happening around them.

Often they also gushed about how amorous the boys were, wishing for a love like that for themselves.

They mostly were talking so much about the couple and were so engulfed in the conversation that they weren't aware of these eyes, which looked like they were ready to tear the talking boys apart.

Because in a few meters distance, was a Mark, who didn't like the non existing distance between the two younger boys.

Soon the boy's giggling faded and Haechan looked up.

Unintentionally he locked eyes with the oldest, who quickly looked away.

But in the one second, Haechan saw his face, he also saw the anger in Mark's eyes.

He couldn't find a reason, why Mark was angry again. But he just thought "not again".

Renjun started another topic and Haechan slowly remembered, where he was and brought his attention back to Renjun.
His gaze left Mark and turned back to Renjun, while he said to himself that he would talk later with Mark.

Later was, when Haechan was in the same car as Mark, the boys on their way home to the 127 dorm.

"Is everything alright?", Haechan asked the older, who hadn't even looked up from his phone nor greeted him, since he had entered the car.

"What should be wrong?", Mark answered with a question, his gaze still not leaving his phone.

"I don't know, you tell me", Haechan reached over and took Mark's phone out of the older's hands.

"Hey, what are you doing?", Mark exclaimed and finally looked at the younger.

"I am trying to talk to you.", Haechan explained and gave Mark his phone back, in hope that the older wouldn't focus on it again.

And thankfully he didn't. Mark put the phone in his pocket and kept his focus on Haechan.

"Why are you suddenly so interested in talking with me? The whole day you hadn't even done as much as looking in my direction. Seems like someone else had all of your attention.", Mark scoffed.

Haechan rolled his eyes and scoffed too. "Are you jealous?"

Mark looked up so quickly, his head hurt for a second.

"Me? Jealous? About what?", Mark's eyes had widened.

"I don't know. But you act like you are", the younger shrugged.

"I am definetely not.", Mark crossed his arms.

"If you say so", Haechan turned around and looked out of the window.

Mark took that as a cue to turn his attention back to his phone.

But only a few seconds later, Mark started feeling bad.

The younger seemed pissed and Mark didn't like it. He wanted Haechan to be happy and not mad.

"Hey", Mark said and gently touched Haechan's shoulder. "Let's not argue, okay? Today was the last promotion with Dream. We soon have the "Regular" comeback with 127. Let's not become mad with each other for no reason. Okay?", Mark hold out his hand and Haechan put his own inside.

"Okay", he mumbled and put a smile on Mark's face.

"Okay", the older also agreed.

"And now, smile again", Mark pinched Haechan's cheeks but he didn't got a reaction out of the younger.

"Mhh, maybe this can make you smile", Mark started making weird faces but Haechan turned away.
But before he did, Mark could see the small smile on the younger's lips.

So he continued with his funny faces and leaned over to Haechan, so the latter had no choice but to look at Mark.
And like this, he finally got to hear the smaller's giggles.

But suddenly the car braked and Mark came even closer.
And Haechan's world was yet again soaked with Mark.

His breath slowly increased just like his heartbeat. And all his eyes could look at were in the one's of the older.

And it seemed that Mark was just the same.
And it seemed that Mark was coming even closer. Closer. Closer. Closer.

And then

There was a phone ringing. Really loudly, making the two boys flinch.

And suddenly there was a distance between them again. Too big.

But it seemed like Mark was coming closer again.
Haechan didn't know, what was going on in Mark's brain but neither did Mark.

"It was so annoying to see you practically sitting in Renjun's lap. What secrets do you two keep?", Mark asked in such a deep voice, that made Haechan gulp.

"I- What are you talking about?", Haechan breathed.

"I don't like it, when you are so touchy with someone else. Or that you keep secrets from me.", Mark was so close again, stealing all of Haechan's breath.

"I- I'm sorry", Haechan said and closed his eyes, preparing himself for what was about to come.

But then

Again a phone ringing.

Mark groaned and Haechan opened his eyes.

"Maybe you should answer it. It could be important", Haechan softly said and Mark sighed, taking his phone out of his pocket.

And in the next second Mark was focused on his phone again, like nothing had happened.

The rest of the car ride they didn't exchange any more words and Haechan also just pretended that nothing had happened.
Because like this, it wouldn't hurt.
And if Mark was pretending that nothing happened, then he should too. Because then it really meant nothing, right?

But the poor boy didn't know that in reality Mark couldn't pretend that nothing had happened.

Days and nights were passing and Mark just couldn't forget these lips, which were so close to his own.

And sometimes he woke up, his fingers finding their way to his lips, ghosting over them, and deep inside his mind a dream.
A dream about sinful lips, that tasted so good against his own. Felt so soft and just like everything he needed.

The "Regular" Era was a blur for Mark.

He just remembered a few things.
Like the iconic moment with his tiger.
Diamonds.
Someone rapping on a car.
A beautiful laugh.
And sinful lips. So good and soft looking lips.

Mark didn't know what was happening.
If there would have been a 'mission abort' button, he would have pushed it.
But there was none.