Chapter 40: First date

"Okay, it is time", Jeno said determined, when he and Jaemin sat alone in the kitchen.

Jaemin looked up from his phone with raised eyebrows. "For what?"

"Our first date", Jeno slammed a fist on the table. But he regretted it the second his hand started hurting.
He quickly shook his hand to lower the pain and Jaemin only shook his head and face palmed.

"Why are you like this?", he asked with a sigh and took Jeno's hand in his to check if it looked bad.

It was just slightly red but nothing else.

"Dunnow", Jeno mumbled.

"What?", Jaemin asked because he didn't understand him.

"I don't know", Jeno said louder.

"My dumb baby", Jaemin said, again shaking his head but then he leaned over to kiss Jeno's forehead. "My cute dumb baby."

" 'M not cute", Jeno crossed his arms and pouted, making Jaemin lightly laugh.
"Sure", the younger only said.

"So you talked about having our first date?", Jaemin asked, when he remembered what this conversation was actually about.

"Oh, yeah", Jeno nodded again with determination.

"I never took you out on a date. And now I feel bad about it. Because you, Na Jaemin, deserve a date like anyone else. So I maybe messed it all up in the beginning but I want to be better now."
He slightly pouted again, more angry at himself than anything.

"Don't be mad at yourself. I forgave you, remember?", Jaemin caressed Jeno's hair.

Jeno sighed but nodded.

"So, do you want to go on a date with me, Nana?", Jeno asked slightly nervous.

"I would love to", Jaemin smiled and slowly retreated his hand out of Jeno's hair.

"But-" Jeno gulped. What but?

"But I don't want a cheesy typical date. I want something special.", Jaemin said and quickly pecked Jeno's lips before standing up and leaving the kitchen.

So the date couldn't take place at a fancy restaurant or at the movie theaters or at home to watch a movie. It also were all the things they couldn't do anyways because they were idols and they didn't live alone.

Jeno got an idea. He heard it once from a friend and maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea.

There was a place, where you could go to to play baseball against a machine.

It wouldn't be a typical date and they would probably, no scratch that, hopefully have a lot of fun.

And then Jeno would still do the typical romantic walk through the park with Jaemin, because he couldn't help himself.
Jaemin deserved some romance after all.

So the plan sounded good and after some time, he asked Jaemin, if he had time on their next day off.

Jaemin said that he had and so Jeno explained that he would pick him up at 6 in the evening.

When Jaemin laughed and said that they lived together, Jeno only shook his head and promised to be punctual to pick him up for their proper date.

True to his words Jeno knocked on Jaemin's door at 6 in the evening.

When Jaemin opened the door, he blinded Jeno with his smile, who had to smile back directly.

"Hi", Jaemin whispered and Jeno whispered back.

"Should we go?", Jeno asked and held his hand out for Jaemin, which Jaemin gladly took in his own.