Chapter 56: The First....

Mark was ready to leave all of it behind. The knowing about Haechan's feelings for him, the words in Haechan's diary, his own confusing feelings, his awkward behaviour towards the younger. He left all of it behind to keep his friendship with Haechan.

And it really worked.

Well, at least in the beginning.

December was coming and the shoot of "Candle Light" was ending.

Now the members of NCT had to focus on the shows, which they would attend or even perform in.
So that meant a lot of dance practices and singing rehearsals.

And for the 127 members it was even busier. Because they were also preparing for their first concert and their first tour.

Because of all these things, Mark spent a lot of time with Haechan.

But he didn't mind. He really was acting normal again towards the younger.

Everything was alright and that made Mark happy.

They teased each other during the "Candle Light" shoot or dance practices.

Haechan felt more comfortable around the older again, so that he became more affectionate just like in the old days.

Mark didn't even know, why Haechan stopped being affectionate towards him.
Sure, he found out about the feelings of the younger but that was something the younger didn't know.
At least that was what Mark thought.

In reality, Jaemin warned Haechan that Mark could know something, so Haechan started to become a little less clingy.

But when Mark treated him normally, just like he always did, Haechan felt relieved and thought that he could also go back to normal.

This was the reason, why their Hyungs would often hear shouts of Mark, who was running away from a Haechan, who tried to give him cheek kisses.
Or shouts of Haechan, who was being chased by Mark, after succeeding in giving said cheek kisses.
But everytime these shouts were also accompanied by laughs of the two boys.

Mark was still a little bit annoyed by the cheek kisses and teasing of Haechan. Still not used to be so affectionate with other guys.

But what surprised Mark was that he was even more annoyed, when Haechan did skinship also with the other members.

Especially with Jeno, Jaemin and Renjun. The 2000er line was always close.
And actually Mark never minded. He had Lucas as his friend from the same year.

But something changed and now Mark became really bothered by the fact that he was not the only victim of Haechan's cheek kisses.

But since he really focused on not loosing their friendship, he just ignored these feelings.

Everything was really great. Their friendship was just as always. But there were also other things, Mark became more aware of.

Not only changed the fact that he became slightly more possessive of his friendship with Haechan. No, there were also more good feelings, he became aware of.

His stomach tingled more often than Mark wanted it to do.

He smiled more often, when he watched the younger, more than he wanted to.

He lost himself more often in Haechan's eyes than he realized.

His heart sometimes did weird things, when he was close to Haechan. Mark didn't really liked it but at the same time he didn't want it to stop.

All these feelings made him confused. And they all only emerged because of little things Haechan did.

Like when Haechan smiled, Mark would smile too.