Chapter 41: Distance again

SM announced to the Dreamies that they will have another comeback.

And with that the preperations for "We Go Up" began.

The dreamies spent a lot of time together again. Sure, five of them lived together. But now they also saw Mark and Haechan more often.

The practices were fun and even though they were also exhausting, the dreamies could laugh a lot.

Everything seemed to be great. Together, fun and a new comeback.

But deep inside Mark it looked different.

The oldest didn't feel so great at all.

And not because of the comeback. No, more because of the tanned boy, who wouldn't leave his mind.

Mark slowly understood, where his feelings were heading to. And he didn't like the direction. He couldn't like the direction.

The younger was just a friend. Just a friend.

No matter, how much he craved for his touches and how he became comfortable with the little cheek kisses. He would also ignore the urge to touch the younger himself.
And it wasn't jealously, he was feeling, when Haechan was close to someone else. No, it was nothing.

Mark really tried to told himself that.

Because he was sure of one thing.

He was not gay. He was straight.
And back then, he really believed that.

He never wanted to be seen as homophobic or anything close to it.
He didn't mind any homosexual couples.

He just didn't want to be seen as gay himself.
Because that wasn't him. And he was sure about it.

But sometimes the full sun boy messed with his mind.
Of course, not on purpose. But still.
So Mark had to do something against it.

And that was, why Mark grew distant....again.

Mark grew distant but no one realized it.

The fans weren't aware of it because the promotions for the comeback hadn't started. They were just practicing for their new comeback.

Mark talked to the other Dreamies more than to Haechan but didn't ignore Haechan completely, so that the Dreamies also didn't realize the situation.

In the 127 dorm Mark mostly stayed in his room. But when he was in the kitchen or in the living room, so many other people were there with him and the youngest of the group, that no one saw, how Mark didn't talk much to Haechan.

But of course, the youngest wasn't completely oblivious.

He knew something was off. He was aware of how Mark treated him. That he was distant again. At least in comparison to how touchy he became in the last weeks.

Mark was distant again. And Haechan was disappointed.

But Haechan couldn't really do anything. He had no idea how to change the situation because he didn't knew Mark's reasons.

So there was only one way: Accepting Mark's decision and also keeping his distance.

Mark's mind wouldn't shut up about the younger boy.

So Mark decided to write a girl.
One of his old classmates.

He had gotten along really well with her, before he graduated.

She liked him and he knew it wasn't because he was an idol.
She didn't even really listen to Kpop. She was more interested in different music, like Spanish Rap or American HipHop.