Chapter 26: Dance practice

"And 5, 6, 7, 8", the dance teacher shouted.

It was a normal practice day for the Dreamies.

They were practicing the choreo for "Go".
The promotions would start soon and everything had to be perfect.

The young boys were concentrating and looking at themselves in the mirror.

Except one boy, whose eyes always slipped to a tanned boy.

You could also find two other boys, who were sending each other secretly glances.
These two boys did a pretty good job with keeping up with the choreo, but their minds seemed to be somewhere else.

And also two young guys were seen smiling at each other from time to time.

And an older chinese guy was there too, who was the only one seriously concentrating on this practice.

Because also the tanned boy couldn't really concentrate, than even though he was oblivious to the glances of the oldest, his presence alone was enough to make him nervous and giddy.

But the dancer teacher wasn't aware of any of this, because the boys would always give 100%, when it came to their passion.

After some more minutes of grunts, glances and loud music the dance teacher announced a break.

The Dreamies immediately ran to their water, completely out of breath.

After they had caught their breath again, they split into little groups to talk to each other.

Chenle and Jisung were in one corner of the room.
Chenle had problems with some steps, so Jisung explained and showed them to him, helping Chenle to understand the choreo better.

Haechan happily ran to Jeno and Jaemin, playing around with them, because Haechan just had a good day and he always became even more happy, when he could spend it with his friends.

Mark wanted to join them, but Renjun took him aside, to ask him something about the English homework he had to do.

When Mark was done with helping Renjun, he looked up to find a happily laughing Haechan, who had his arms around Jaemin's neck, who gave him a piggyback.

Jeno was also laughing, his eyes turning into crescents.
He took out his phone to take a picture of the cute duo, but they held their hands in front of their faces, complaining that they didn't want a photo, when being so sweaty.

Jeno answered that they still looked great but the other two just shook their heads.

But after some seconds, when they weren't giving any more attention to Jeno's phone, Jeno took the chance to quickly take a picture.

What Jeno didn't realize though, was that his flashlight was on, giving his actions away.

Haechan immediately jumped off of Jaemin's back, chasing after Jeno, who already was running around the dance studio.

Jeno laughed, thinking it was funny, how much faster he was than Haechan.

Haechan started pouting, because he was too slow to catch Jeno but he laughed nonetheless.
He just had a lot of fun. It was really a great day.

Mark was watching the whole scene, smiling from the outside.
But inside....? Inside he felt weird. It always made him happy to see Haechan laughing and smiling but today?

Mark didn't know what was wrong with him.
It was not the case that Haechan started ignoring him, like he did. But it seemed like Haechan was keeping some distance.
Mark couldn't even remember the last time, the younger tried some skinship with him.

Although, yes he could.
It was the cheek kiss after their date.
No! Not a date. After their hanging out at the adventure park.

Mark knew that his behavior was probably the reason for that.
He never really was open to skinship, no matter which person.

But with Haechan he actually didn't mind.

It was weird though. How Haechan just could come and change Mark's view on the world.
That it is okay, if two boys show affection to each other.

And now Mark was even craving for this affection.

But no, of course Haechan was giving all his attention to Jaemin and Jeno now.
Joking around with them, laughing with them, hugging them.

When Mark looked at them again, he saw that the three were lying on the floor, out of breath, cuddling.

Or if you can call it cuddling.
They were lying all over each other, limbs tangled everywhere.

It seemed like Jaemin joined Haechan in chasing Jeno and that they finally caught him and then fell on the floor, being exhausted.

Dancing the whole afternoon and then running around - not a good combination.

Mark would never admit it, but looking at the boys, he kind of wished he would be part of the pile of limbs and messy hair.

Haechan looked contented and he was not the reason.
Why was that bothering him so much?

Mark saw how Haechan reached out his hand to Jeno, so the latter could take his phone back.
The older directly grabbed his phone out of Haechan's hand and after a few seconds he jumped up, while shouting: "You seriously delete the photo?".

Haechan was only giggling, when Jeno started smirking.
He quickly took a new picture of the lying mess that Haechan and Jaemin were.

When Haechan realized, what the older was doing, Jeno was already starting to run away again.
Haechan quickly followed him.

Mark only shook his head in disbelief, while chuckling.
They were cute, he had to admit.

Mark was so deep in his thoughts and Haechan was so concentrated on running after Jeno, that both didn't realize what would happen, when Haechan was already in Mark's arms.

Mark quickly enough understood what was about to happen, so he could prevent them both from falling.

"Hi, there" Mark said in a teasing voice but with red ears because of the unexpected situation.

"Mark, let me go, I have to get Jeno's phone", Haechan pouted.
Mark's arms were tightly wrapped around him, giving the younger no chance to free himself.

Mark only shook his head as an answer.
"Stop chasing him. I bet the photo looks cute."

"Did you see it?", Haechan raised an eyebrow.

"No, but all the pictures with you in it are cute, so stop worrying.", Mark whispered back.

Now it was Haechan's turn to get red ears.

"But-", before Haechan could finish his sentence, the dance teacher announced that the break was ending.

Mark reluctantly let go of Haechan, the younger immediately getting in his position.

Mark wondered if Haechan still was a tiny little bit mad at him for what happened weeks ago.
No, this couldn't be. Mark did everything possible to make Haechan forgive him.

So what else could prevent Haechan from being his clingy self towards Mark?

Mark didn't have an answer.
He couldn't think of one thing that changed the relationship between him and his bestfriend.
And that in more than just one way.

Was he really that oblivious?