Chapter 9: Maybe forever isn't that bad

Everything seemed endless. And not in a good way.

Jisung spent another day at school. Walking through the corridors alone. Like always.

Endless days without having friends.
Endless days with the pressure of school, while being an idol.
Endless days of eating alone during lunch.
Everything seemed endless.

Jisung felt really tired.
He just wanted this hell to end and finally go to dance practice.
Just four more hours to go.

On his way to his next class, a cute little girl came in front of him.

"Jisung?", she asked with a kind smile on her face.

"Ehm, yeah, that's me", Jisung answered confused.

"I know it is you, silly", she giggled.
"I saw that you were a little down today, so I wanted to invite you to lunch. Sit with me and my friends. I bet they won't mind having you sitting with us."

"I-I don't know. Are you sure? I mean I probably will just sit around and don't talk much. Not that entertaining.", Jisung said shyly.

"I'm sure, this is not true. My name is Heejin by the way. And I would be really happy, if you would join us for lunch. I hope to see you", she said waving and left.

This made Jisung smile a little bit.
Is he finally going to make some friends?

When the bell rang, signaling that it is lunch time, Jisung decided to give it a try.
He went to find Heejin. A few minutes later he found her at a table, sitting and chatting with some other girls.
They were laughing about something, when Jisung arrived at their table.

"Oh my god. You really came", Heejin said with a smile as soon as she saw Jisung.

"Seems like I did", Jisung smiled back.

"Come, come, sit down. Jisung this are my friends, friends this is Jisung."

"Hey", they all said, also smiling.

"This doesn't seem too bad", Jisung thought.

But after a few minutes of small talk and eating, the girls started to ask weird questions.

"So, Jisung, you are a member of NCT, right?", one of Heejin's friends asked.

"Oh yeah. So you know Mark and Taeyong and all the others?", another one asked.

"Ehm, yeah I do", Jisung got shy again.

"Oh my god, that is so cool. How is it too be so famous, Jisungie? It has to be really amazing, right?"

Jisung cringed. He only liked to be called 'Jisungie' by one special person.

He looked over to Heejin, who seemed a little uncomfortable.

"Ehm, I guess", Jisung wanted to leave. He hated it. Hated it, when he got reduced to just his idol status.

"Oh my god. I got an idea.", another friend of Heejin said. "Now that we are friends, maybe you could introduce us to Mark and the others. You know a kind of friends meet friends interaction", she said almost squealing.

"I-I think I should go", Jisung hurried to say, before he grabbed his stuff and almost ran out of the cafeteria.

"Jisung, wait", Heejin shouted after him, but Jisung already had left.

Jisung went behind the school. You know, the 'secret' place, where the bad kids would smoke or make out.
But to Jisung's luck no one was there.

He finished eating and decided to get his head off with a little dancing.