Chapter 12: Complicated feelings

It was Ten's birthday.
The dreamies and members of NCT U came together to celebrate Ten's big day, while the members of 127 were busy.

They started a Vlive and Jisung and Jeno had prepared a surprise for Ten.

They danced to "Baby don't stop".

And how they danced to it.

Chenle was in awe.

His heart started beating faster.
This was not his cute little Jisungie. This Jisung seemed older.
Still cute. But also hot.

"Wait what? Chenle think straight.", Chenle told himself.

This Jisung kind of scared him. Because his stomach got all weird and his breathing hitched up.

This was the same Jisung, he met a few days ago during dance practice, when Jisung was down.

He looked in his eyes and he knew they were so close to kiss.

But Chenle got panicked. Real panicked.

Because he wanted to kiss Jisung so bad.

But he knew, Jisung didn't feel the same. How could he? Chenle is just Chenle.
Jisung's best friend.

So he did the only thing, that came to his mind that time. He laughed.

He wasn't out of breath that time, because he laughed so much. The laugh was fake, just a masquerade to stop the intense moment.
He was out of breath, because Jisung was so close.
Too close for his own good.

And Chenle wanted the kiss so badly. But no, Jisung didn't feel the same, he repeated to himself.

And also all the members were around them. Things would have gone too complicated and messed up, so Chenle had to stop Jisung.

Some nights he regretted it, some nights he thought, he had done the right thing and some nights he just craved for Jisung.

But he knew, he couldn't go to him. Not that Jisung wouldn't welcome him with open arms. No, Jisung would. Of course he would. He was his best friend and he cared for him.

But Chenle feared, if he would sleep while cuddling with Jisung, he might do something, he will regret.

And maybe he would loose Jisung because of that.

And he couldn't loose Jisung. He needed Jisung. The one, who was always there for him and made him laugh.

His best friend.

When did these words got so bitter?

And here was Jisung dancing to "Baby don't stop" and looking so so good.

"Chenle, focus. You are on Vlive", he told himself and came back to his senses.

He joined the others, who were dancing with Ten, Jisung and Jeno. They had a lot of fun and laughed a lot. It was a happy day.

But Chenle got a weird feeling, when he saw Ten hugging Jisung so tight. He felt a little bit....sad?

"Oh come on, Chenle. This is getting ridiculous.", he spoke to himself again.

After some time and more laughing they ended the vlive and ate some cake.

Chenle smiled at Jisung, who was surrounded by the others, who were praising his dance.

Jisung was a really good dancer. Chenle sighed.
Why did everything had to become so complicated?

Sometimes Jisung glanced back. Smiling at Chenle, trying to cheer him up. He asked himself, why Chenle is so down today? He became distant, Jisung realized. Especially in the night, when he would hear Chenle crying in his sleep, having a nightmare and not coming to Jisung.