Chapter 24: Heejinie

Jisung waited for Chenle in their room.

He had to ask him something and he was slightly nervous.

Actually, it wasn't a big deal.
But Jisung was afraid that Chenle wouldn't like it. That he was uncomfortable with what he had to ask.

After a few minutes silence, the door opened and Chenle entered the room.

"Hi", Chenle smiled at Jisung.

"Hi", Jisung nervously smiled back.

"Did you have a good day?", Chenle asked and put his bag on his bed, before sitting down next to Jisung

"Yes", Jisung answered shortly.
Why was he so nervous?
There was no reason.
Why should Chenle not be fine with this?

"Okay, that's good", Chenle nudged him in the side.
"But don't forget to tell me from now on, when you ever have any problems." Chenle laid his head on Jisung's shoulder.

"I won't forget it", Jisung took a deep breath.
"But I want to ask you something."

Chenle hummed.

"Would it- would it be okay for you, if Heejin would come over at the end of the week?", Jisung whispered.

"What?", Chenle didn't mean to scream, but his voice betrayed him.

"It- it is because we have a school project, which we have to do together. And I'm so busy that going to her place would be so inconvenient. If she comes here, I don't have to drive around and that would save me a lot of time. Especially since the comebacks are so close and you know the problems, I have with school right now. I don't want to mess that up."

Chenle slowly nodded.
But he still didn't look convinced.

"Look", Jisung continued. "I offered it. She didn't ask to come here. Actually, she was almost begging me to find another solution, because she doesn't want to interfere in our privacy.
She is sometimes a too good person.
Anyways, I already talked to the others and our manager, they all are fine with it. The only one, who still has to say yes, is you."

Jisung nervously gulped.
"And I know, you don't really like her. So it is okay, if you say no. But- just think about it. It would be a really good solution for me.", Jisung avoided Chenle's eyes.

"Why shouldn't I like her?", Chenle tried to sound confused, but his voice was not really good in things like lying and often betrayed him.

A beautiful voice of an angel during singing.
But not being honest and lying? His voice couldn't do that.

"Chenle", Jisung sighed.
"I know that you think that she just wants to take advantage of me. But it is not like that. Please, trust me."

That was not the reason, why he didn't like Heejin.
But if that was what Jisung was thinking, maybe Chenle should let him believe this.
It is way better than him knowing the truth.
That his heart broke, every time he saw them together.

"I just want to protect you", Chenle mumbled.

"I know", Jisung said and put his arm around Chenle.
"And I'm thankful for that. But you have to trust me. I know what I am doing. I am not a little baby anymore", Jisung chuckled.

"I know", Chenle pouted. "But for me you will always stay my cute little baby Jisungie."

He won't.

Chenle giggled, when he saw Jisung's face.
He squished Jisung's cheeks and laughed even more.

Jisung just tried to free himself and shook his head with Chenle's wrists in his hands, when he finally got them off his face.

They just looked at each other for a few moments in silence, before Jisung put their hands down and let Chenle's wrists go.

"So?", Jisung asked. "Is it okay, if she comes on Friday?", Jisung asked nervously.

Chenle hesitantely nodded. "Yes.", he said just above a whisper.

Jisung immediately smiled and pulled Chenle in a thight hug.
"That is why you are the bestest of friends", Jisung laughed.

Chenle smiled. What else could he do, when Jisung was so extremly happy.

Because he agreed to let Heejin come over.
Because Heejin would come over.
Because he could spend time with Heejin.
Heejin, Heejin, Heejin.

No! No, Chenle didn't want to think about that.

Not when he was in Jisung's arms right now.
When he was the reason, why Jisung smiled most of the time.
When he was, like Jisung said, "the bestest of friends".

They fell backwards on the bed, still hugging each other, what ended with them cuddling each other.

They fell in a comfortable silence, Jisung playing with Chenle's hair, while Chenle put his nose in Jisung's neck.

"Chenle", Jisung whispered after a few more moments of silence.

"Mhh?", Chenle tiredly answered.

"I love you", Jisung whispered.

The bright shining smile, that spread over Chenle's face could steal the sun the show.

He nuzzled his face in Jisung's neck before answering "I love you more."

"Impossible", Jisung pretended to be shocked.

"Not really", Chenle thought, reminded of his feelings, that were by now far over friendship feelings.

"Possible", his voice was muffled by Jisung's neck.

"Chenle, look at me", Jisung said softly and Chenle couldn't deny him anything anyways.

"Mhh?", he asked again and almost let out a whine, when he saw the look in Jisung's eyes.

Jisung's eyes were so honest and full of fondness and love for Chenle.

"Never say that I wouldn't love you enough. You are one of the most important persons in my life and no one can replace you. Not even Heejinie."

"Heejinie?", Chenle asked sad and tried to get out of Jisung's arms.
Why did Jisung give her a nickname? She didn't need one from him.
He should be the only one with one.

"Oh", Jisung's eyes slightly widened, when he realized what he said.
He realized that Chenle tried to escape his grip, so he only tightened his arms around him to calm the older.
"Sorry, it just slipped. I started calling her that in school. She told me that she loves nicknames, so I gave her one. You should have seen the smile on her face, when I called her that the first time. So precious.", Jisung slightly smiled at the memory.

Precious? Chenle felt weird. This conversation was making him feel down.
He wanted to run away, but he couldn't, since Jisung's arms were still wrapped around him. It was torture.

He should be the only one, who is precious to Jisung.

Jisung sighed. "Give her a chance, Chenle-ah. I think you two would get along pretty well. Maybe become even really good friends. You never know, if you not try."

Could Chenle do that? Giving her a chance?
I mean, all he wanted was Jisung to be happy and she made him happy.
And it would also mean a lot for Jisung, if his two friends get along.

So maybe Chenle could give it a try.
For Jisung.

But could he really?