Chapter 15: Heejin

Jisung tried to escape. He really did.

Heejin was just a very stubborn girl.

"Jisung, stop running away from me!", Heejin shouted.

Jisung did literally that. He was running through the school corridors, while Heejin followed him.

Everyone was looking at them, but neither of them cared.
Because Jisung only focused on getting away from Heejin, while Heejin tried her best to stop Jisung from running.

When Jisung was about to turn around a corner, he almost bumped into a few students.
Fortunately, he stopped himself just in time, walked past them and started running again.

But this moment gave Heejin enough time to catch up with him.

And Jisung realized this, when two arms wrapped themselves tightly around his torso.
Jisung couldn't escape anymore, so he stood still.

"Jisung. Please. I am trying to be a real friend to you. The real Jisung, you know. I want to get to know you. Please, tell me about the real Jisung.", Heejin begged.

"Why?", Jisung asked whining.

"Because you deserve a friend. We all do.", Heejin answered in a firm voice.

"I-I.... Can you let me go first? I don't really like to be touched.", Jisung sighed.

"O-oh, yes, of course. Sorry." Heejin took her arms away.
"But please don't run away again.", Heejin smiled at him.

"I won't.", Jisung tried to force a smile, but he wasn't really able to do it. He still couldn't trust Heejin.

"Eat lunch with me, please?", Heejin asked with puppy eyes.

When Jisung's eyes widened, she is fast to add "Only with me. Not my friends. Just us. Only the two of us."

Jisung thought about it.
This was his chance to get a real friend. And what is the worst that could happen?
When she would try to speak to idol Jisung, he would just start to ignore her again.

"Please, Jisung. Tell me about you. The real Jisung. What are your hobbies? Your favourite music genre? Do you like to read books? What is your favourite song to dance to? Tell me. At lunch. Please?", Heejin tried to convince him.

Jisung slowly nodded. "Okay, fine." Heejin smiled brightly at that.

"But now I have to go, before I am too late to class.", Jisung added.

"Okay. See you at lunch.", Heejin said still smiling.

"Yeah. See you....at lunch."

And then Jisung turned around and this time he left a smiling Heejin behind.

Jisung found out that Heejin is actually a pretty nice girl. Kind, funny, understanding.

They talked through the whole lunch time. Barely eating their food, because they were more focused on laughing and telling each other stories from their childhood.

Heejin didn't want to know anything about idol Jisung. And Jisung appreciated that.

Not even when Heejin asked, if he wanted to spend the day after school with her, but Jisung had to reject her, because he already had plans with the other dreamies.
She didn't even asked, if she could come with them.

She only said, that she hopes that they could spend another day together.

After school they walked together to the school gate, laughing. They had fun and you could see it on their faces.

But what Jisung didn't expected, was to see a pouting Chenle standing in front of the gate.

When their gazes met, Chenle immediately forced a smile.

Heejin smiled at Jisung and said: "It was nice spending time at school together today. I hope we can do this tomorrow too."

"Oh yes. I think the same. Thanks for not giving up to be my friend.", Jisung smiled back.

"Never", Heejin said and waved at Jisung before leaving, rememberig that Jisung didn't like to be touched.

"Okay, I can't leave you like that", Jisung said. "Give me a goodbye hug." He opened his arms for her and Heejin gladly hugged him.

After that their ways separated and Jisung walked to a sad looking Chenle.

"What are you doing here?", Jisung asked confused.

"Thought I could walk you home.", Chenle answered. "Not happy to see me?"

"You know that is not true.", Jisung tried to cheer Chenle up. "Hey, smile", Jisung  put his finger under Chenle's chin, making Chenle look at him.

"Who was that girl?", Chenle blurted out.

"Oh", Jisung put his finger away.
"That was Heejin. She kind of forced me to be her friend, but I'm glad she did.", Jisung said smiling, thinking of Heejin's stubbornness.

Chenle didn't like that smile, which was caused by this girl, called Heejin.

"She forced you to be her friend?", Chenle asked, raising a brow.

"Yeah, but that is a long story.", Jisung laughed. "Come, I will tell you on the way home."

Jisung grabbed Chenle's hand and intertwined their fingers, calming Chenle's raging hormones.

"She tried to be friends with the real me, not the idol Jisung", Jisung explained.

The whole way home, Chenle was awfully quiet.

"And in the end, Heejin is a really good person. Friendly and we have the same humor. That's why we were laughing a lot."

Jisung stopped and forced Chenle to also stand still, since their hands were still intertwined.

"What is wrong? You are so quiet these days?", Jisung caressed Chenle's cheek with his other hand.

Chenle just shook his head and hid it in Jisung's chest.

He was close to tears and he didn't know why. He just felt so tired.

"Hey, what is wrong with my Chenle? I can't have you not smiling.", Jisung petted Chenle's hair.

"You will not leave me for Heejin, will you?", Chenle mumbled in Jisung's chest.

"Hey, hey, hey", Jisung grabbed Chenle's cheeks and made him look in his eyes.
"No one can replace you, my Chenle.", Jisung said and hugged Chenle tight.

"Where are these thoughts coming from?", Jisung asked quietly.

"Don't know", Chenle sobbed slightly. "These days I'm just not really feeling well. Everyone is talking about Mark leaving Dream at the end of the year. And that makes me scared of growing up. What if we grow up and go seperated ways, Jisung? I don't want that. I don't want to loose you, Jisungie."

Chenle was crying by now. His tears wouldn't stop rolling down his cheeks.

But he had Jisung, who wiped his tears away.
"You won't loose me. Never. You will always be my number one. I love you, Chenle."

"I love you too, Jisungie. My best friend for ever."

"Yes", Jisung agreed. "For ever and ever."