𝓼𝓹𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓸𝓽𝓽𝓵𝓮

"Spin the bottle," Isen said, pulling out an empty beer bottle from his backpack. "A sleepover classic."

"Are you kidding?" John's words dripped with venom.

"It would be...interesting." Seraphina said, and caught John's eye contact.

"I would rather get sick all over again." John replied.

"Well, it's my birthday, so we're playing this." Isen said. "This should be interesting, though."

Arlo rolled his eyes in disgust. Elaine snatched his hand and held it tightly possessively, earning a slight eyebrow raise from Arlo. She hummed in brief thought before fixing an irritated glare on Isen.

"Must we play this childish and stupid game?" Cecile said, rubbing her sharp nails on her wrist like she always did when she was distracted.

"Oh, come on. Please? Everybody else has some crazy story. Why can't I have one?"

Blyke made sharp eye contact with Isen, daring him to proceed with this game. Remi tried to ease the tension between the two.

"My birthday, my rules." Isen declared, earning a groan from each and every one of the people sitting there. "I will spin first."

Isen spun the bottle and looked up to see who it had landed on.

Shit.

Elaine.

Elaine would most likely punch him in the face, and Seraphina seemed to know that. So with a playful wink and smile, she rewinded time and made it stop on Cecile.

Isen and Cecile did their thing while Blyke filmed for blackmail and the rest shielded their eyes from this horrific sight.

After they were done, Isen handed the bottle to John, who was sitting next to him. John nearly smashed the bottle but still spun it.

Ah, shit.

Arlo.

John sighed and asked, "Can our hands kiss instead?"

"Whatever shoots your shot." Isen replied, so John touched Arlo's right hand with his index finger like it was acid. Then John ran to the nearest sink and scrubbed his hands until they were red and raw. Arlo did the same.

Seraphina snickered. "Quite an interesting sight you have there."

John gave her a mock-angry look.

Next, Seraphina spun the bottle but used her ability to make it land on...

Herself.

John looked at Sera disappointedly while she used her hands to make mock-kissing.

And so it went, each player spinning that bottle and Seraphina using her ability to make it land on either themselves, their romantic interest, or somebody who they hated, until Isen's younger sister came in while Isen and Cecile went at it again. Then Isen stopped the game but had unfortunately traumatized his poor sister for life.

She just wanted cupcakes, Isen! 

coming next:

Remi: that goes against my entire philosophy called "kindness and peace wins"