Chapter 23: In Between

Hel: Since the favor I owed is now complete, I don't need you helping the other kids out.

Fidi fell forward and dropped to the ground, Lykos opened his eyes to see what had happened. His hair started turning black and his clothes changed once again. Argos had appeared, and he immediately stood up and grabbed Crescent Moon. He grabbed the orb that Fidi dropped when he disappeared and used it. Before Hel could do anything, Argos snapped his fingers and everything around him and a figure behind Argos stopped.

Argos: Huh, so that's how it works...

He looked back.

Argos: Where am I?

The stranger snapped his finger and sent Argos somewhere else. Argos looked around confused, the stranger started speaking but was nowhere to be seen. He introduced himself as Arakhis.

Arakhis: Welcome to my pocket dimension, now cease and give our lady back her power.

Argos: As if.

He threw Crescent Moon forward and Arakhis created a wall in front of himself to stop it. Arakhis then went under the ground and appeared behind Argos, he then went to hit him with a polearm. Argos teleported back and called his axe back.

Argos: With this power...I can do anything. What makes you think you can stop me?

Arakhis: Simple, you're not in your territory anymore. I control this whole place.

Argos: Too bad you can't control your fate.

Argos grabbed his axe and jumped up to see what Arakhis would do. Arakhis created a pillar that hit Argos from above and knocked him down. As Argos fell, he grabbed his axe and put it under his feet, and started controlling it to move around.

Arakhis tried creating pillars to knock Argos off, but he started getting faster. As Argos approached him, Arakhis kept phasing underground and moving back. Argos took notice of his plan and jumped up, he grabbed the axe as he fell a bit and threw it with extreme force at Arakhis.

He tried creating walls to protect him, but the axe was too fast and powerful. As it broke through every wall in its path, it caught fire and hit Arakhis in the head. The pocket dimension started to fade and Arakhis dropped two orbs, an orange light appeared where Arakhis last was, Argos ignored it.

Argos grabbed the orbs, used them, and appeared back in the dark room he was in before. He looked at Hel and the other figure that was there with a smile on his face. He snapped his finger and everything around him started moving.

"Now to find a way out of this place and back to everyone."

He laughed.

"What fun it'll be to relive the past..."

He began laughing, looking directly at... Y̷̗̹͠Ọ̵͂U̶̧͓̇.