Chapter 50: The End Of The Beginning

As the smoke subsided for everyone, they laid down inside the house on the hill. Kenos was on the couch, fast asleep from his lack of energy. Kitsune was still unresponsive while Volk fought to stay awake and look after her. Okami sat with his head on the dining table.

Alepou was still holding the gun with no ammunition, she was staring at it the entire time. Elias sat with his back against the wall, he was next to Nichi who stood up frequently to look after everyone.

Acheron was on his phone watching a video with his earbuds. Nahe was laying down on the floor while looking up at the ceiling trying to analyze everything that just happened. Yuzui sat down in a chair, regaining her own strength.

Alepou: Hey V.

Volk: Huh, wha-

Alepou: You think I could mix power and mechanics?

Volk: Yeah, why?

Alepou: Oh nothing.

She stood up and stepped outside.

Okami: You do know she still has the gun, right?

Volk: It's out of ammo.

The two heard a silenced shot through the window.

Okami: Are you sure?

Volk stood up immediately and ran outside.

Volk: What in Hel's name are you doing?!

Alepou turned her head to look at him.

Alepou: Shooting.

Volk: With what bullets?!

She pulled out the magazine and showed him 9mm bullets made from her bubble power.

Volk: How did you...?

She pulled out a single 9mm bullet from her pocket.

Alepou: If there's a will, there's a way.

Volk: Let me take a look at that.

She handed the gun over, he inspected is closely. He took off the suppressor she had created from her power.

Volk: You got every little detail down perfectly, how?

Alepou: It's easy to learn, hand me an AN-94 and I might have a bit of trouble, but I can work around it.

Volk: Wow, didn't think you had it in you.

Alepou: You don't know me, Zvezda.

Volk: Ale, don't do this shit.

She grabbed the gun from his hand and turned around.

Alepou: Let me mourn in peace.

Volk: Just don't so anything stupid. You should rest, come back inside.

Alepou: I wanna be alone for a while.

Volk: sigh Just...don't fight this alone. You know you can talk to us whenever you need.

She looked back at him.

Alepou: How am I supposed to trust you after what you were about to do earlier?

Volk: Listen, it was just to bother him. I wouldn't ever think of actually doing that. Didn't you willingly follow Accalia as well?

Alepou: You know why?! I was just risen from the dead, you think I have any idea what's right or what's wrong?! I followed you because of what you told me! I followed him because he said that Ly was still alive!