Chapter 2: New Futures

Lykos, Skylos, and Alepou were walking through the forest when Lykos stepped on something that made him fall.

Alepou: You okay?

Skylos: You good?

Lykos shook his head and looked at where he was walking and noticed a green orb. He adjusted his glasses and went to pick it up.

Lykos: What the hell is this?

He raised it to look at it with better light.

Skylos: Yep.

Lykos: What?

Skylos: It's a fucking rock, my guy.

Lykos: Well no shit.

Skylos: You asked.

Alepou: Let me see it.

Lykos handed it to her, she started inspecting it.

Alepou: It doesn't seem to be valuable.

She threw it over to Lykos, he caught it.

Lykos: Can I break it?

Alepou: Sure, go ahead.

He put it in between his hands and tried to smash it. After a moment, he felt nothing in his hands and opened them.

Lykos: Where'd the hell it go?

For a second, Skylos and Alepou felt refreshed and full of energy.

Skylos: Whoa...what's this feeling?

Alepou: You felt it too?

Lykos: Huh?

Skylos: It's like, I'm ready for anything.

Lykos looked at his hands still confused about where the orb went. For a second, he blinked and was in a different place. He was floating, he saw a kid with white hair go from one hole into another as if going through rifts in space. He blinked again and was back to where he originally was. He looked around and everything around him was frozen, he saw that Alepou and Skylos weren't moving.

Lykos: Guys...

He snapped his fingers at them and everything moved again.

Lykos: Huh?

Skylos and Alepou looked at him.

Alepou: Something wrong?

Alepou went to grab his shoulder but received a shock when she made contact with him. She flinched back in pain and Skylos looked at them confused.

Lykos: What the-

A cold mist came out from his mouth as he spoke.

Lykos: What's happening?

He went to lay back on a tree, once he put his arm on it, he went through the tree and fell. He stood up and shook his head.

Skylos: What is going on with you today?

Lykos: I swore I touched the tree.

Alepou: No, you touched the ground, stupid.

Skylos: Let's head back, you seem to be having a bad day already. We wouldn't want anything worse to happen.

Alepou and Skylos turned around and started walking towards the town. Out of nowhere, Lykos started floating up.

Lykos: Another thing?!