Chapter 69: Beauty of Annihilation

Volk looked at the sky, the snow falling around him. He looked towards the horizon. He heard the door of the house open, Kitsune and Lykos had walked out. Lykos and him met eyes. Lykos pointed over at Volk to grab all his attention. Volk began walking over to him as Lykos did the same.

Volk: Everything alright?

Lykos: Huh... OH. Yeah, all good.

He stuttered for a second.

Lykos: She wanted to ask me something about Argos.

Volk: Oh, alright then. You wanted to talk?

Lykos: Yeah, it's about this next encounter.

Volk: What's on your mind?

Lykos put his hand on Volk's shoulder.

Lykos: Look, you're one of the few people I trust, so I tell you this. Protect her. Please.

Volk raised an eyebrow.

Lykos: She would not hesitate to jump in front of a gun for the people she cares for.

Volk: Dude, we're all making it through this. You'll protect her yourself and get your happy ending.

Lykos: ...But if something were to happen, promise me that.

Volk: A promise?

Lykos: Yes.

Lykos put his fist forward.

Volk: Why not ask Sky? You've known him longer.

Lykos: He would jump in front of a gun to save me AND her. I think we all would for each other.

Volk: Huh, alright then. I'll make sure they're both safe. But make sure you're safe as well dude.

Lykos: Will try.

Volk put his fist forward and the two fist bump. As Volk blinked, he was looking at the sky again. It was red. Kenos and Nahe kept giving everyone a boost. Okami grabbed Volk's attention.

Okami: Dude, I know you control ice but don't freeze up like that!

Volk looked around again.

Okami: VOLK!

Volk: Okami, where's Ale?

He looked around as well before hearing footsteps behind him and swinging the scythe up through a monstra.

Okami: What do we do?

Volk let out a strong and deep breath.

Volk: Let's send these things back first.

Okami nodded and went over to support Yuzui. Volk threw his shield forward, hitting a gorgon and knocking it back in the process. He ran forward and dismissed his shield which was on the ground. He grabbed the gorgon's face and hit it against the ground. He summoned his shield again struck down the gorgon through its neck with it. He grabbed its head and threw it forward at a bigger group of monstra.

The head emitted a light which soon after turned everything in a small radius around it to stone. Volk hit the ground with his foot and the ground in front of him shook, making the now statues of monstras crumble. Yuzui stabbed a monstra through the head and threw her other dagger towards another one. As she shifted towards another location, Okami swung through the monstra who had just been stabbed, only to finish it off. He followed Yuzui towards the next set of monstras. 

Kitsune held a fire in her hand which she turned into a blade. As she swung it forward, a seeking flame went towards Okami and which filled him with energy. She ran forward alongside Volk, cutting down anything in their path.

Kenos: Nahe, this might be the last bit of power I can use before I lose another limb.

Nahe: How long can you last?

Kenos: I give it about 2 minutes. 

Nahe: Alright then. Once we're done here, I'll go over to them and assist. 

Nahe looked back at Kochev, he was handling himself just fine against what seemed to be a never ending horde. 

Nahe: Wow, it takes 5 people to do what he's doing. 

Kenos: He's one of the gods for a reason, I'm sure it would take more than 10 of us to beat him.

Nahe: So much power...

The ground around Kochev was filled with electricity, anything touching it vanished in thin air. He called back his Telum  and began piercing through the hordes.

On the other side, Volk had made a wall of ice to protect Kitsune from an oncoming attack. She leaned against the wall, catching her breath for a moment. Okami had taken lead and began cutting down monstras in front of Yuzui. She followed behind him, killing anything he left behind. As the horde's number continued decreasing, the group seemed more hopeful than before that they would get through this. 

Kitsune climbed up the wall of ice and jumped down to cross it. From above, she drove her blade through the back of a wyvern. The wall of ice fell and Volk noticed what she was fighting. Kitsune quickly let go of the blade. She punched the wyvern's neck with her newfound strength. The wyvern's head hit the ground, stunned. Okami looked to the side and noticed it as well. He signaled Yuzui that he was gonna help out with the wyvern situation. Yuzui nodded and began shifted rapidly from area to area, avoiding attacks and finishing anything near her. As Okami ran towards Kitsune and Volk, Kenos became unable to support them anymore. The group felt this immediately as they felt slower. Everyone moved back from the monstras and had to catch their breaths. The wyvern flew into the sky as more of them appeared from the backline of the horde. 

Nahe ran towards the group to try and assist them. He noticed something fly across the sky towards them. He noticed it wasn't a monstra, it was a person. Her dyed hair matched her eyes and she had black marks on her hand. The grouped noticed her as well. Another fight with someone powerful? 

The woman came down from the sky and revealed her weapon. She conquered by Dory. She looked at the group and then turned towards the hordes. She lifted the dory and the red sky became normal again. A light filled the dory and was soon cast towards the horde, destroying all of it in the process. The group lowered their weapons and stared at her. Kochev, noticing the sky was normal again looked over at the group while finishing up his side. He seemed to immediately recognized the woman. 

The woman walked towards the group and began questioning them. 

?: Why are you all still here? We warned people to leave Greece immediately.

Volk walked forward. 

Volk: We... aren't really from here. We were taken here I don't know how long ago and we haven't been able to leave.

?: Well you have your chance now, the hordes are gone for now but more of them are sure to come. 

Nahe looked at her as if recognizing her as well. Kochev walked over after driving his weapon through the last monstra. 

Kochev: What a pleaseure to see you again Radiki.

Radiki: You don't get to use my name after last time. What in the name of Hel are you doing here? You hanging decieving them as well? 

Kochev: I was looking for the "Order"?

Radiki: For what reason?

She dismissed her Telum.

Kochev: They're a pain to this world, they have to be the reason for Hel's death.

Radiki: And why should I believe you?

Kochev: Eos, there's no one else who would have done that.

Nahe: Oh! That's why you seemed familiar...