Chapter 83: Hunters

Their shoes stepped on snowy plains, the area was foggy. The surrounding trees covered them from the sun. The Hunters walked forward, looking around carefully. The three of them heard laughter from behind them. Okami summoned Star Diamond immediately as everyone stood back to back. They heard clapping from around them. It was him, Lang.

Lang: Well, well, if it isn't Elias and his friends. You guys are quick to get information AND act.

Okami: This is him, Eli?

Elias: Yeah.

Lang noticed the star under Okami's eye.

Lang: Ooo, hi brother. Nice to finally meet you.

Okami: I see why you don't like him... Let's get this straight, I am not your brother. I've never met you before in my life, nor do I want to know who you are.

Lang: Oh? Someone's a little sour.

He snapped his finger, a sword appeared above him. He snapped another finger, a centaur ran at the group from behind. They noticed this immediately, Okami and Nahe dodged to the side, while Elias turned around with his fist ready. He punched the centaur's front leg and broke it. As it fell forward, Elias slammed his fist on the back of the centaur's head and bashed its skull in. It began to disappear. Lang laughed at the display.

Lang: Someone's mad. Is that what Nichi would have wanted?

Elias looked at Lang dead in the eyes. Elias' eyes began to change as he aimed two fingers at Nahe. Instead of their normal orange, they became as blue as a sapphire.

Elias: You're covered. He can't hurt you. Okami, promise me that he won't leave from here.

Elias looked over at Okami with just his eyes. Okami felt that same energy from before coming from him.

Lang launched a sword forwards, Elias dodged it quickly. The snap of a finger was heard, harpies began flying through the trees and attacking the Hunters. Okami lit a fire in his hand like a match once again, he created a wall of fire around Lang and the group. Nothing could come in or go out now.

Lang: Hmm. Cute.

He put one foot forward and rushed towards Elias with tremendous speed. He grabbed Elias by the face and dragged him onto the ground. Okami took notice and as he swung through a harpy, he redirected his scythe towards Lang, who dodged it quite easily. Nahe put his hands forward, aiming at Okami and Elias. The protection he had received from Elias was passed on to them instead. Nahe touched the flames created by Okami, and although he burned his hand for a second, Nahe managed to tame the fire and use some of it for his own defense.

The protection, Nichi's power, saved Okami from a harpy who attacked from behind. Okami stretched his arm to grab the fleeing Harpy and tore it to shreds. Lang summoned a double-edge sword, he blocked an incoming attack from Okami and kicked Elias back when he was going to attack him. Nahe looked at the fire in his hands and spread it on his arms, still immune. He climbed up a tree and latched onto every incoming harpy as possible.

Elias went in for another attack, Lang swung down at him, but Elias rolled to the side and swept Lang's legs. Okami saw a chance to pierce him with Star Diamond and took it. As he swung down, the shirt that Lang wore protected him from the attack. The scythe bounced back, Lang stood up quickly and punched Okami's face immediately before moving back.

Lang: Aww, man, you guys ruined the surprise early.

He said as he brushed snow from his shirt. The shirt he wore moved around on his body and down to his hands, it turned into two daggers as another torso was covered by another shirt. The double-edge sword he had begun floating next to him as it split into two other swords. He aimed the blade of the dagger forward at Nahe.

Lang: Well, just gotta take out the source like last time, right? I'd' say it's been fun, but honestly, you all lack any skill when fighting.

Lang ran to attack Nahe who was taking down the final harpy. Elias got in the way and stopped him by holding the daggers by the blades. Elias was bleeding from his hands. The wound kept regenerating on itself as he struggled with Lang. Okami blocked and attack from the floating swords Lang had around him. The sound of metal being hit against itself filled the area as Nahe ran towards Elias to help him. One of the swords flew towards Nahe, Elias catching a glimpse of it as he was losing the struggle.

Elias lost the struggle on purpose and fell back, letting Lang fall onto him so he could kick him up. He rolled to the side and caught the flying sword by the handle, stopping it. Lang began floating down as he snapped his fingers again. The ground shook roughly, above the wall of fire a single eye peaked over them, a cyclops. It walked through the fire unfazed, a club in hand. Lang landed on its shoulder as the swords flew back to him.

Lang: Pathetic.

Smoke was filling the sky now, the surrounding air began feeling too hot now. Okami stretched his arms onto two separated trees and launched himself forward, summoning Star Diamond as he flew towards the cyclops. He spun around midair and cut through the cyclops, yet, no damage was done. The cyclops turned around, Lang jumped towards Elias and Nahe. The wall of fire went down, revealing a variety of monstra standing on the other side, waiting...