Chapter 38: The Star That Wants Revenge

Lykos woke up abruptly, he looked around the dark room to see that Kitsune was holding on to his arm while sleeping, she seemed scared. Lykos stood still trying to not wake her up again. "This'll be a long night." he thought.  He concentrated and closed his eyes, he was suddenly shifted into the bathroom.

Lykos: Wasn't trying to land here, but I guess that works.

He walked outside the bathroom to notice he was in another room entirely.

Lykos: Oh, shit. Hi you two.

Elias: Yo, did you just appear in there.

Lykos: Yeah, I was trying out a power and suddenly went in there. Wait, why are you two awake?

Nichi: Umm, nothing specific. Just talking.

Lykos: ...Yeah, you should probably hide that thing on your neck.

Nichi covered her neck.

Lykos: Caught you, there's nothing.

Elias laughed as Nichi got flustered and hit him.

Lykos: Don't let me interrupt you two, I'll be going now.

He tried concentrating on the room again.

Elias: Wait, Ken showed us an easier way he can use that power.

Lykos: Oh, thank the gods.

Elias: He said that you can teleport to somewhere if you walk into a tight space and think about going out through another tight space. He threw a towel on himself at one point to disappear.

Lykos: Huh, that sounds complicated, but I understood it.

He looked at the space behind the bed.

Lykos: That should work.

He got on to the bed.

Lykos: Don't mind me once again, you two have fun.

He jumped in the space between the bed and the wall, as he disappeared, a loud bang was heard in the room next door along with a scream from Kitsune.

Elias: Well that definitely worked for him.

Nichi: Not gonna lie, I got kind of got scared when I heard the door open earlier.

Elias: Hey, same here.

Nichi: Ha! We should probably actually get to bed though, it's gonna be 5 AM soon.

Elias: Yeah, definitely.

Elias laid back down on the bed as Nichi laid down next to him, they held hands and laughed softly.

Elias: Hey, when this is over...wanna live outside the town?

Nichi: I...Yes.

The two turned to look at each other. As they smiled, they closed their eyes.

In the other room, Nahe was still awake while Acheron was dead asleep in bed. Nahe was thinking about everything he had seen, he started piecing everything together. "Volk, friend of Lykos/Stella...at least he was. Stella killed a group, it has to do with that but... he was supposed to be dead. Then again, Stella seemed hesitant to fight back so maybe it wasn't him who killed him. If he has a split-personality then maybe some other one appeared.

Hmm, it definitely wasn't Stella who killed them, he doesn't seem like a bad guy, even through Kitsune's memories...he took such good care of her. I mean, he can be scary, but he hasn't hurt any of us, not even Kenos who wanted to fight immediately. Agh, something is not fitting in. Why is Volk back then...unless...he was brought by someone else back, someone powerful, more powerful than Ste- Argos. After all, his plan is to revive his friends according to Kitsune's memories. If he did have the power to do so he would have done it by now. Hmm, someone is out there trying to hunt him down, apparently..."

He kept thinking for a few more seconds before arriving at an answer.

Nahe: That's it! Someone is using their dead friend's need for revenge to kill him!

He heard a thump and looked over at the bed. Acheron was still dead asleep but on the floor now.

Nahe: Wow, this dude is a HEAVY sleeper.

"I should probably sleep as wellhe thought to himself. He went around Acheron's bed to lay on the other one. "Man, thank god there's a room with two beds. Sure would have been awkward. Although..." he said to himself. He closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

A few minutes before this, Lykos was launched up from behind the bed and ended up hitting the roof and landing in the bed. Kitsune was woken up by this and let out a scream in fear. Lykos laid in bed a gave her a peace sign with his hand.

Kitsune: GOD! What the hell are you doing?!

Lykos: I had to go away for a minute and I tried to teleport back.

Kitsune: Don't do that!

Lykos: I won't, I'm sleeping on the floor though. Out of respect.

Kitsune: No, I told you I'm not letting you sleep anywhere else, rest.

As he was standing up, she pulled him back into the bed. With him laying down now, she laid her head on his stomach so he wouldn't move.

Lykos: Kit, I don't think this is-

Kitsune: Shut up and rest.

She turned her head to look at him. A knock was heard at the door.

Lykos: Can I stand up to get that?

Kitsune: It's gotta be Ken, I'll make a spirit go open it.

She raised her hand without moving from her spot. A spirit person was created that went and unlocked the door.

Lykos: Wait if it was Ken, couldn't he just-

As the door opened a familiar figure showed up wearing a gray hoodie that had the outer part of the hood covered in red. He raised his head to see the two in bed together and was shocked.

Lykos: Uhh...

Kitsune moved immediately from that spot and moved out of bed. The figure started laughing and fully showed his face, confirming who he was.

?: So this is what I come back to, my girlfriend with who I thought was my brother....Ha...

He laughed a bit more as he gave off an uncomfortable smile while the mark under his eye turned red.

Okami: And here I hoped he was wrong about you damn traitors!