Chapter 24: Stars

Volk: What did you do?!

Argos stretched his arm and moved behind Sobaka. Volk threw his shield at Argos to try and stop him, Argos blocked it with his Telum and disappeared under the ground. He came back up behind Volk, he kicked him, but Volk didn't move. Volk went to hit Argos with his sledgehammer, but Argos dodged it.

Volk: Stop this!

Argos came back up behind Sobaka and walked through him. Kitsune threw fire in front of Argos to try and stop him. He looked at her and pointed a finger at her. Icicles started falling on her, she shot fire at them to melt them while Argos clashed Telums with Volk.

Volk: You were my brother! We cared for you!

Argos: Aw, that's sweet.

Argos went under the ground again and appeared away from the group. They all looked back at him.

Kitsune: Ly! What about always being there for your friends?! Was that a lie?!

Argos: Did he say that? How touching.

He threw his Crescent Moon at Sobaka, Volk threw his shield at it to block the hit. The two Telums clashed again and created a shockwave that knocked down Kitsune and Sobaka. Argos started controlling his Telum to go and hit Sobaka while he used his ice power to freeze Kitsune in place. Volk threw his sledgehammer at Crescent Moon to stop it again. The weapons never clashed. Argos stopped his Telum right before it was going to hit the sledgehammer. In turn, the sledgehammer continued and had hit Sobaka and the chest. He fell back unable to breathe for a few seconds.

Argos: Ha! You're honestly that stupid?

Volk called back his shield and sledgehammer, Argos teleported behind him and went to hit him with the axe. Volk turned around and blocked the hit with his shield, he then went to hit Argos with the sledgehammer, but Argos blocked it with his axe. Argos used the momentum from the hit to stretch his arm back and around to hit Volk. He blocked it with his shield and lightning fell on Argos. He moved back and looked at Sobaka and Volk.

Argos: Is that all you got?

He snapped his fingers and everything around him and Sobaka stopped moving. Argos threw his axe at him and started running forward. Sobaka jumped up and started levitating to block the hit. He then shot bolts of lightning at Argos as he approached. He got a bit slower as every hit from the bolts landed on him. Argos called his axe back and the second it landed in his hands, he jumped up and grabbed Sobaka by his leg and threw him down on the ground. Argos then threw his axe down at where Sobaka landed but Sobaka had rolled away from the hit. Argos reappeared on the ground immediately.

Sobaka: What the hell is your problem?! Where did you even get all these new powers?!

Argos: You think a goddess doesn't have followers?

Argos threw the axe up and jumped, he grabbed it with two hands and started controlling it to move up. Sobaka sent lightning to hit Argos, but he didn't flinch. Once high enough, he started controlling Crescent Moon to move down quickly, he then threw it with extreme force at Sobaka. It was too quick and had hit Sobaka before he could blink. His body started to disappear, and he dropped the levitation orb and the lightning orb. Argos grabbed them and used them, he looked over at Volk.

Argos: Huh, maybe I can't see a non-Telum user's soul...

He snapped his fingers and everything around him started moving again. Volk noticed that Sobaka was gone.

Volk: How could you?! Alepou and Skylos died because they couldn't be without you!

Argos: Your words will never reach them. Give up.

Argos moved back, and his eyes turned back to normal.

Argos: Fuck! Not now.

Volk looked over surprised.

Volk: Ly?!

Argos' eyes turned white again.

Argos: Pfft, you really fell for that? Snap out of it V, you won't get what you want. Not in this time, not in any time.

Volk threw both his sledgehammer and shield at Argos, he blocked them with just a hit from his axe. Argos ran forward and prepared his axe, but Volk called back his Telum. Argos went under the ground to block the incoming weapons, he came back up in front of Volk, and the two clashed weapons.

Volk: Fidi should've let you die back there.

Argos: Too bad for you that he didn't.

Argos made a clone of himself to attack Volk, he blocked the hit with his sledgehammer. Argos teleported back and pointed his finger at Volk. Lightning started relentlessly crashing down on Volk, he couldn't move.

Argos kept pointing his finger at him.

Argos: You may be immune to it, but you can't move without letting all that energy out, right?

Volk stared at him through the lightning crashing down on him. The smile on Argos' face was something out of this world. The pure joy that was expressed from him was nothing of a human, at least, nothing with humanity in it.

Argos: You know, you're basically sacrificing yourself for the greater good. After I finish you off, I'll become better than any god out here.

Volk: You're anything but holy, how could you be a god!?

Argos: It shouldn't matter to you silly, you'll be dead.

He smiled as he prepared his axe.

Argos: Just know it was never personal, Volk. 

He grabbed Volk's shield that was on the floor and broke it with his Telum. Volk started to disappear, he dropped an orb and a yellow light appeared where he was last at. Argos grabbed the orb and infused the light into himself. He felt his power surging through his body. He then looked at Kitsune who was still frozen. Furthermore, he unfroze her and grabbed her by her hair as he shifted to the castle with her. He threw her into a room as he dismissed his weapon.

Argos: Let's play this little game once again, Kit. 

Kitsune: I hope you rot in the deepest pits of helheim you liar!

He laughed as he locked her inside the room...