Chapter 81: A Puppet

Ava put their hand on Elias' chest and pushed him back a few meters with ease. Elias slid with his feet on the ground, unscathed. A green light shined on both of their hands, a pair of sickles appearing soon after.

Ava: I'll give you something to look at!

All the eyes from the monstra reformed back into its body. The big figure of the monstra was now complete, it was something else entirely.

Elias: ...what the fuck?

Ava sighed, they different after realizing what it was.

Ava: Welcome to the island of enchantment kid...

The figure had parts of humans. Legs, arms, hands, heads, eyes, and everything. Elias had never seen a monstra like that before, or at least, he had never thought something like this existed.

Ava: Because we...do everything better, right?

They laughed in a snarky manner and their expression turned very serious. Ava grabbed the sickles tightly and launched themselves forward, spinning towards the creature.

The sickles running through the creature's skin, Ava landed on the ground as a purple aura surrounded it. The creature bled profusely.

Ava: Your turn kid.

Elias put one foot back and shook his head, deciding to take action quickly and not think about it. He jumped forward quickly and landed a blow with his fist, knocking the creature down.

Ava: Good.

They jumped up and onto the creature, digging the sickles into it once again. Ava ran them the the creature's skin and as the creature shrieked, both of them were sent back from it. Elias hit his back on a tree while Ava spun in the air and landed on their feet.

The creature stood up, still shrieking as the damage made to it slowly regenerated.

Ava: We repeat that until it's done. Okay? And without the getting thrown back.

Elias coughed, regaining his breath. He nodded in understanding.

Ava: Always hit after me.

They quickly threw a sickle at the creature with incredible force. It dug into the monster and pierced through it, the creature had the same purple aura again.

Elias ran forward and hit the creature on the leg it was standing on. It burst open, blood spewing everywhere and tumbling the creature back.

Ava dismissed the sickle and threw the additional one at the creature again. It hit its other eye, blinding it once more. The purple aura covered it again as it used one of its many arms to grab Elias and hold him still.

He took the chance and uppercut the creature with all his strength. A shockwave ran through the creature's body, ripping its insides apart. The creature collapsed on the ground. Elias moved away from it and noticed it did not begin to disappear.

Elias: What... is this?

Ava sighed, their face showed displeasure.

Ava: A previous version of us.

Elias: What?

Ava: To answer your question from earlier. We are both a boy and a girl. We are two souls merged into one and put into a body.

They dismissed the sickles and sat down on the grass, the song of the native animal being heard still. 

Elias: Are you... human?