Chapter 45: The Stars of Freedom

"So you're telling me that this whole time-" said the voice as he was cut off by Lykos saying:

"Yes, for the fifth time. Let me find a solution to the problem at hand."

Lykos: I need a minute to understand what's happening. We now have a 9-year gap...

Alepou: It's all very strange.

Lykos: I- Yeah, it's all just so weird. To think that we're back, that everyone is back... almost everyone.

Alepou: I wonder what Sky would think of this.

Lykos: He probably wouldn't let us leave his sight from now on.

Alepou: Yeah, he was always looking after us. Even in his final moments he was happy to see me safe.

Lykos: How did it happen...? Argos and I never found out.

Alepou: It was...dad and Arkouda. They followed Hel's orders to kill us back then. I thought they would hesitate when they saw us, but I was wrong. My own father was the one that ended my life. Sorry, had to let that out... Arkouda sliced Skylos' arm off as my father pierced him, that's what you wanted to know.

Lykos: Sorry... I should have been there. If only I had been more careful.

Alepou: Dude, we were literally unprepared and outnumbered. It's not your fault, it's none of ours. We were placed in an unknown world with threats beyond our understanding.

Lykos: Well yeah but-

Alepou: No dude, there's no excuse. We never had powers before, you had never used a Telum before, and we had never left our town.

Lykos stayed quiet.

Alepou: Listen, let's just live our lives as friends dude. Everything is really complicated right now.

Lykos: Yeah, you're right. We'll go back home and live a normal life once this is over.

Alepou: Friends?

She put her fist towards him.

Lykos: Friends.

The two fist bumped as the night's moon was covered by the clouds.

Alepou: Let's head back with everyone else.

Lykos: Before we go, were you actually going to let him kiss you.

Alepou: No, if he had actually done so, I would have punched his stomach.

Lykos: Ah.

Alepou: Your conscience clear now Star Boy?

Lykos: Yeah, yeah, you don't gotta tease me about it. Let's-

As Lykos looked up he noticed the clouds had disappeared, all there was to see was the starry sky above the trees.

Alepou: Are you okay?

Lykos: The sky.

As he mentioned it, the sky filled with an orange light. The two stood up from the log they were sitting on and began running back to the others. The two passed tree after tree as a familiar feeling hit the two. 

Alepou grabbed Lykos' arm and jumped through a bush with him. The two stopped and looked at the hill. Alepou noticed a familiar figure and started running again, Lykos followed.

As they noticed Okami and Volk with their weapons out, Kenos was still on the grass. He was being held down by someone who had his foot on him. Yuzui was on the ground with a ton of cuts on her body. Elias and Nichi stood defensively behind Okami while Acheron was being held up by the familiar.

Nahe grabbed Kitsune's arm, unable to do anything. The person standing in front of Okami and Volk noticed Lykos and looked at his left. His orange eyes and brown hair made him easily recognizable to Alepou as the star under his eye confirmed to her who it was. The person looked annoyed.

Alepou: It's him. Ly... I'm not sure we're ready for this fight..

Lykos: I have to try for everything he did. Scum like him shouldn't walk around this world.

He walked over to Okami and Volk.

Okami: Ly, good timing.

Volk: Yeah... there's our real threat.

Lykos: Accalia.

He closed his eyes to control his emotions. "You sure you can handle yourself?" the voice in his head spoke.

"I sifted through your memories long enough. I think I can manage your powers Argos. But if I can't, I know I can rely on you to help." Lykos responded to him.

Accalia: And so we meet again after all these years. I see these two couldn't do as I asked.

Volk: You lied to us.

Okami: You used us against them!

Volk: You said you'd bring everyone else back.

Accalia: If you had done as I asked, every one of your pitiful friends would be here. As sons of mine you two are shameful.

Lykos: And as a father, you are a disappointment.

Accalia: I had grander ambitions that required my attention. I had no time to take care of some insignificant children. Now give up your life, and I'll return everyone just as I promised.

Volk: Why should we?

Accalia: Don't you want your dear friend Sobaka and your beloved Lisa to be by your side?

Volk: Of course I do. But if you think I'd side with you again then you're as crazy as my own mother was. No wonder you two got along.

Accalia shrugged off the comment.

Accalia: Okami, I'm sure you miss Inu and Kawa. Wouldn't you want them to be by your side?

Okami: Who the hell do you think I am?! Of course, I do. But being on your side would dishonor the Hoshi name.

Accalia closed his eyes.

Accalia: Lykos-

Lykos: Yes, I do want everyone back. But I'll do it in my own way, being part of the Stella family isn't the way to do things.

One of Lykos' pupil turned yellow as the other one was greyed out for a split second. As Accalia saw this he realized what had happened.

Accalia: Amazing! To think that all this time you were in there! To think that reincarnation would do such a thing.

He vanished from that spot and was behind Alepou.

Accalia: Does that mean that you-

Lykos had moved in an instant to his location and with the momentum punched him away from Alepou.

Lykos: Your fight's with us.

Okami and Volk reached him and stood behind Lykos as Alepou moved over to check on Yuzui.

Okami: Let's do this, just like we should have before.

Volk: Together.

Lykos' eyes turned black as he looked directly at Accalia.