Chapter 67: A Man With Borrowed Time

They all sat down, the world completely halted around them. Not sure how to even start, everyone kept quiet for a few moments.

Volk: Am I gonna be the one to break the ice here?

Kochev: Quite ironic, actually.

Kitsune: Well... do we have a plan?

Nahe: Me and Ken will give you all a boost, you guys seem to be able to handle yourselves.

Kitsune: No, a full plan. I would like to be able to follow something for once...not just go with the flow.

Kochev took the magazine out from his weapon, he emptied the remaining bullets in it.

Kochev: This may not help with that question but here.

He threw 4 bullets towards Kitsune and 4 bullets towards Okami. As they both grabbed them, they noticed how hot they were.

Kochev: Don't drop em'...it could melt through the ground. You two are able to use fire, if you run out of gas use those like you'd use an orb.

He made a magazine from thin air and put it into the weapon. He spun the gun in his hand and held it by the barrel. He pointed the handle towards Alepou.

Kochev: Ale, was it? Here, let's put that Artemis theory to the test. See if you can take out some from here while everything is stopped.

She looked at the gun. Her hand shook, yet she grabbed it.

Kochev: Be sure to grab it with two hands though, don't want you losing an arm as well. That ain't just a regular gun.

He turned over to Volk but turned back to Alepou immediately as he remembered something.

Kochev: Oh! Right, the bullets will stop a few meters out right now so do with that information what you want.

Volk: Are you not gonna fight with your Telum?

Kochev: Duh! I'm only letting her borrow it while I halt time. You though...you sure you can handle yourself with just a shield and that armor?

Volk: I've fought with less, don't worry about me.

Kochev: Hmm, you ever thought about integrating your armor with your clothing? Could help you move easier.

Volk: What?

Kochev: I'm gonna take that as a no. Okay, summon just part of your armor.

Volk: ...how?

He looked at his arm, trying only to create only that part. He summoned his entire armor. A second later, Alepou shot once at the distance.

Kochev: Okay, it's a lot like when you control your Telum to go wherever you want it to. Just like...REALLY concentrate on it. Once you get the hang of it then it'll be muscle memory...like anything really.

Volk: You expect me to learn this new skill now?

Kochev: Well no but...listen just take the time you have to try it. If you're able to do it then you should have no problem maintaining it.

Volk dismissed his armor entirely and immediately summoned it all again, trying his best to get it to work. Kochev looked over at Yuzui.

Kochev: What exactly is your Telum?

She grabbed both daggers from thin air and threw one on the ground, Kochev looked at it. Yuzui held the one she still had by the blade and was transported to the location of the other dagger.

Kochev: Oh, that's handy. You do you, I have a feeling you can handle yourself.

Yuzui gave him a thumbs up as Alepou shot at the distance once again.

Kochev: Ken and Nahe, don't waste all your power just boosting. If you need an escape the only person that can do that is you Kenny.

He turned around again and looked at Okami.

Kochev: How well can you handle that scythe of yours?

Okami: I can swing it and send fire from it. That's about it.

Kochev: Try spinning it more, use momentum to move it around you.

Okami: How?

Kochev: Give me.

Okami grabbed Star Diamond from thin air and handed it to Kochev.

Kochev: Something like this.

He spun Star Diamond vertically on his right and used the momentum to spin it around him and move it to his left. He finished off by spinning it above his head.

Okami: How?!

Kochev: Practice dude, you still have some time to at least spin it on one side. Here.

He handed Star Diamond back to Okami. Kochev walked over to Kitsune as Okami walked back and tried spinning the scythe, which resulted in him dropping it. Alepou shot two other times.

Kochev: You don't have a Telum...right?

Kitsune: Nope. I can summon animals or create a weapon with a power, though. Although, I can't do both at the same time. Tried once, had a migraine for days after that.

Kochev: Well, I'd say use the element of surprise. Switch to different weapons to keep throwing off your enemy.

Kitsune: I never really felt comfortable with any other weapon, but I guess I can give that a try again. It has been a while.

Kochev: Right. I have a general idea of how this can go. Yuzui, you should take care of anything that's either about to die or whatever is small. You have a quick Telum, use that to your advantage.

Alepou shot at the distance once again.

Kochev: Kitsune, assist her with that by weakening anything near her. Okami, if you are able to, take anything you see out. If it's too big, weaken it and then call out for help. Alepou can support you by literally just shooting it. Speaking of shooting, Ale, just watch everyone's back. If something gets too close, use that bubble thing or simply empty your clip on it. Whatever is safer. Volk, if your ice is anything like your mother's then you should be able to impale almost anything with it...just watch out for everyone else and get creative with it.

Alepou shot twice again.

Volk: There is not a single creative cell in my body.

Kochev: Well change that cause elemental powers kinda require it. I'll take care of anything behind you guys, so just worry about yourselves.

Alepou shot twice for the last time.

Kochev: That's the mag, give me the gun.

She handed it over.

Alepou: I think that should take care of those big ones.

Kochev: Well...there's only one way to find out...

Kochev snapped his fingers.