Chapter 85: Damage

As her axe tore through a draugr, her breaths were heavy. She turned around to swing an axe at a harpy. As the wings of it were separated from its body, she looked in the distance. A large smoke cloud was in the distance. She saw a platoon of monstra heading in that direction, a bad feeling filled her body. The axes turned back into her hoodie as she wiped blood off her hand.

She caught up with her breaths for a second and looked over at her team. Kenos and Yuzui were fighting a Qilin, a hooved, dragon-like creature with antlers. Kenos drove his Halberd through its body, finishing it off.

Tori: The smoke in the distance...

Kenos: Yeah, that's where the Hunters are. Let's move.

The three of them made their way out of a camp they had made their way to. The forest was in clear view now, they didn't stop moving even for a second. Tori dismissed her hoodie again and held the axes, a gorgon slithered in front of her. Kenos looked directly at Tori and boosted her movement, his yellow eye turning red.

Jumping forward, Tori swung at the gorgon and swiftly cut off her head. She quickly grabbed it and threw it forward at a small group of monstra, hitting the ground and turning everything in a small radius into stone.

Kenos stopped looking at Tori and grabbed the air in front of him, he pulled his hand back quickly. As Kenos was shifted forward, he spun around with his Halberd, destroying all monstra around him that were turned to stone. A dagger flew past Kenos and once it hit the ground, Yuzui shifted to it. She dug a dagger in the eye of a bugbear.

It screeched in pain before Yuzui used her other dagger to pierced under its jaw and into its head, silencing it entirely. She pushed its disappearing body out of the way and jumped back. Tori had created a Sin-you, a creature similar to the Qilin yet more imposing. It bit into the heads of a few monstra before fading away due to the fire of a dragon flying above them.

The group was nearing the smoke, they could see glimpses of fire inside the forest. They stopped in their tracks as the dragon landed on the ground and looked at them. Each one of them took cover behind large boulders as it sent a beam of electricity from its mouth. Kenos looked over at Yuzui, the two nodded as she read his mind. Kenos grabbed the air once again, pulling his fist back quickly. He stood next to Tori.

Kenos: The plan is this. Yuzui shifts on its back and I rush in from in front, while you jump from the boulder and aim for its neck.

Tori: Good plan, let's go.

Kenos looked back at Yuzui and gave her a thumbs up. Yuzui threw a dagger above the dragon, and before it landed anywhere, she shifted to it. She fell into its head and tried digging her dagger into it, but its skin was too thick. Kenos ran forward, dragging his Halberd on the ground behind him, creating momentum for a swing from below.

Tori dug an axe into the boulder and climbed above it, she put one foot forward quickly and jumped high above, higher than she expected. The dragon emitted a blast of electricity from its body, shocking Yuzui and paralyzing her entire body. Kenos noticed this and threw his Halberd towards the dragon instead, running to catch the falling Yuzui.

Tori held her two axes in her hands tightly as she fell down onto the dragon. Kenos' halberd knocked the dragon's head back as it landed on its face, stunning it for a second. Tori thought of an even better idea now the dragon was facing up towards her. As she fell down, Tori cut through the middle of its mouth down to its neck, immediately killing the dragon. Kenos had caught Yuzui and was holding her close as she was still unable to move. The dragon fell, Tori caught her breath for a second before collapsing on the ground, steam coming off of her.

Kenos took noticed of her as well. He looked around the area and noticed they had alerted a large quantity of monstra in the area. He set Yuzui carefully on the ground and summoned his halberd once again, he tapped the ground next to him. Anyone who looked at him would tell him his look could kill.

Kenos: Let's go then. It's not like you guys trained me to fight these types of threats.

A chimera ran up behind Kenos and went to bite his head clean off...