Chapter 53: Uncertainty

The aroma of food filled the house as everyone patiently await the casserole to be done. Kenos, who was still asleep and now upstairs, opened his eyes as the smell of meat, cheese and spices hit his nose. He stood up, dazed, and got out of bed. He looked in a mirror and was reminded of what had happened. As he buried his hand into his hair, he closed his eyes and sighed. 

 He walked out of the room and headed into the bathroom. "At least it's easier to take a shirt off now..." he thought to himself as he looked at the lack of an arm. Downstairs, everyone sat at the dining table waiting still.

Okami: Hey Tori, you think there's a way to bring Inu back?

Tori: If you're back, then there definitely is a way. How Accalia did it is a mystery to me. You should know, you were there.

Okami: Beats me, he didn't explain a thing to me.

The two looked at Volk.

Volk: Oh, so now you need me?!

Nahe: From what I gathered, you have some sort of afterlife power. If anyone here can bring people back it would be you.

Volk: Just because I have a relation to a Goddess of Death, doesn't mean I can bring people back from the dead.... I think.

Elias: There's only one way to find out, you know.

Volk: Yeah? Well when someone dies I'll see if I can.

Tori: So like... you require a dead body to test it out?

Volk: Yeah?

Tori stood up from the chair and created a spirit chisa katana. She looked Okami dead in the eyes.

Okami: Uhh, Tori?

She smirked at him as she raised the weapon. Just before she swung down, Okami jumped out of his chair, barely evading the katana.

Okami: Tori! Stop.

She swung up at him, and he summoned Star Diamond to block the hit.

Okami: You better stop!

Elias: Are we just gonna let this happen?

Alepou: Yep.

Okami walked back into the living room as Tori was still chasing him.

Volk: Can you two stop being stupid for a second?

She looked back.

Tori: Dude, you're no fun.

Volk: You were going to stab him!

She hit the weapon against the wall, it shattered into pieces.

Tori: As you can see, it would have broken, so it wasn't gonna hurt him.

Okami: Then why didn't it break when it hit the scythe?

She looked over at him and smirked again, leaving him with the doubt.

Volk: Just sit down and wait for the food, stop acting like children.

Nichi: Isn't she supposed to be the oldest in the room right now?

Everyone looked at Tori.

Tori: Listen, I gotta enjoy the little time I'm here. If I wanna murder someone just let me murder someone, as you do.

Acheron: I don't think anyone does that, homie.

Tori: Y'all really like not having fun.