Chapter 22: The One with an Orange Star

Volk: We're getting near to ground zero of this mess.

Sobaka: How are we supposed to handle this? We lost everyone trying to get here.

The 4 of them saw a building in the distance.

Okami: Is that a fucking castle?

Kitsune: That's a fucking castle.

Volk: Holy shit.

Sobaka: We can mark up 'suspected' ground zero to 'confirmed' now cause if that doesn't say 'Important Base' then I don't know what does.

Volk: Let's move ahead and not waste time.

Volk started walking forward as Okami suddenly grabbed his arm.

Okami: You're really not gonna get revenge for everything?

Volk: What choice do we have? We can't fight a goddess by ourselves.

Kitsune: Yeah, we should lay down. We'll only fight if necessary.

The 4 of them looked towards the castle covered in snow and ice.

Volk: Anything you all want to say before we go in?

Kitsune: Let's stay positive, we'll make it out of here.

Okami: Yeah, after all this is done, let's all hang out once we leave Russia.

Volk: First I'll have to find a place to live, but yeah. Let's all stay in contact, this journey was painful but I'm glad I met you all.

Sobaka: Yeah, we'll all live in the memory of all those who fell.

The 4 of them nodded and started walking forward, they reach the entrance and notice it was open. They walked inside and looked around the dark area.

Okami: I can't see shit.

Kitsune lit a flame in her hand, she looked around at the walls and saw a torch. She grabbed it and lit it up. She handed the torch to Volk and saw another one, she lit it up and gave it to Okami.

Okami: That's better, thanks, hun.

Kitsune smiled and lit another flame in her hand. They kept walking forward and still saw no one inside.

Volk: What the hell is with this silence? I thought we'd find someone or something by now.

The group heard some footsteps from up ahead, they all looked at where the footsteps came from. They heard a voice say "Volk?"

Okami: What the...?

The voice spoke again and said "Okami? Is that you guys?"

Kitsune: That doesn't sound like what I thought Hel would sound like.

Sobaka: No...that voice is familiar.

Volk and Okami looked at each other.

Volk and Okami: It's Ly!

The two of them ran forward while Kitsune and Sobaka tried grabbing them to stop them.

Kitsune: WAIT! What if it's a trap?!

Sobaka: You should know not to run in like that Volk.

Okami and Volk stopped and looked back at the two. At the end of the hallway a figure appeared, he resembled Lykos. Kitsune and Sobaka noticed it and started walking towards Volk and Okami.